Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Philderbeast

Old August 31st, 2019, 10:04 PM
it seems like its been complete radio silence since the Content market came out.

can we expect any more updates? and if so what time frame are we looking at?
Philderbeast is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Valyar

Old August 31st, 2019, 10:54 PM
RW project is currently parked.

The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.
Valyar is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Lj Stephens
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 1st, 2019, 10:52 AM
We're working as hard and as fast as we can to get features in place and revealed. It's impossible to say when these tasks will be complete. Thanks for your continued patience.
Lj Stephens is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old September 1st, 2019, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lj Stephens View Post
We're working as hard and as fast as we can to get features in place and revealed. It's impossible to say when these tasks will be complete. Thanks for your continued patience.
That's at direct variance with what BJ has stated. Could we possibly get a single answer, is RW development currently under way or not?

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Lj Stephens
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 1st, 2019, 07:40 PM
Sure, I understand your frustration. Different Devs are working on different projects at any given time. They move back and forth, help each other figure things out, it's impossible to tell what is on each day's docket. Yes, RW is being worked on. Yes, HLC and HLO are being worked on. It's all an ongoing process. I'm sorry we can't give you a more solid answer at this time. Please continue to watch for announcements here and on social media. We'll tell you about new developments just as soon as we are able. Thank you.
Lj Stephens is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Philderbeast

Old September 7th, 2019, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lj Stephens View Post
Sure, I understand your frustration. Different Devs are working on different projects at any given time. They move back and forth, help each other figure things out, it's impossible to tell what is on each day's docket. Yes, RW is being worked on. Yes, HLC and HLO are being worked on. It's all an ongoing process. I'm sorry we can't give you a more solid answer at this time. Please continue to watch for announcements here and on social media. We'll tell you about new developments just as soon as we are able. Thank you.
so what's being worked on? what progress is being made on it?

there was a prommise of weekly updates made, so can we get them, or are we going to continue to get empty promises when it comes to Realm works?
Philderbeast is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old September 7th, 2019, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philderbeast View Post
so what's being worked on? what progress is being made on it?

there was a prommise of weekly updates made, so can we get them, or are we going to continue to get empty promises when it comes to Realm works?
In other posts they have made clear that the promise of updates was only until the CM launched. They consider that a fulfilled promise. I agree that the original promise did not make that at all clear.
meek75 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
KefkaZ

Old September 8th, 2019, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meek75 View Post
In other posts they have made clear that the promise of updates was only until the CM launched. They consider that a fulfilled promise. I agree that the original promise did not make that at all clear.
Well, thus far, it's a pretty small market. I'm not necessarily looking for more features. There is definitely stuff that I would buy if it was available, but right now it's not. Just give me more options content wise and fix bugs.
KefkaZ is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Philderbeast

Old September 14th, 2019, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meek75 View Post
To be fair, its hard to call even that scope fulfilled, since we didnt even get regular weekly updates during that period.
Philderbeast is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old September 15th, 2019, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philderbeast View Post
To be fair, its hard to call even that scope fulfilled, since we didnt even get regular weekly updates during that period.
Yeah, when I compare LWD to other companies they just fall short in a lot of ways. I suspect that it is a combination of 1) being a smaller company with less resources and 2) a lack of appreciation for how important communications with users really is in the RPG community. The lack of any real road map for RW is very telling. Let's be honest, with the exception of a few months in the recent past, we haven't seen any significant development of RW in years. That track record and the lack of any road map for the future leaves me without much hope for the product. As a result, I am in the process of abandoning it. I kind of feel like RW was a product ahead of its time and is suffering for it now. If RW was being developed now it would be done differently. I wonder if they almost need to completely start over from the ground up, because it seems that even small updates are massively hard to pull off. HLO looks so nice and modern by comparison. They didn't upgrade HLC, rather, they started over. It was just easier for them to build from scratch with current tech and practice than to update the existing product. If they had the man power to convert all the HLC to HLO I'm sure they would have done it and totally leave HLC behind. Of course starting over with RW isn't a realistic option for them.I feels like they are just in a very difficult spot with RW. I do think there are things they could do to improve there plummeting reputation though, and better communication is one of them. They feel they don't have time to do, and I think they can't afford to not do it. D&DB and Roll 20 are both putting significant resources into building a stronger community and communication. Those companies are larger and have more resources for sure, but its still significant to observe.
meek75 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote