Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 19th, 2017, 12:26 PM
If you have a specific set of campaigns that you're switching between, the "Duplicate Game System" option in the tools menu can create a new copy of a game system, and each of those copies has its own default settings (also, each copy can be given different user-created content).
Mathias is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Dhrakken

Old May 19th, 2017, 12:29 PM
Thanks again!
Dhrakken is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
CorzatTheGray

Old May 19th, 2017, 12:43 PM
Another option of a "hack" is to create a new game system by copying your existing game system and then you can set separate defaults for each new "system" or campaign.

I currently run a "Vanilla Pathfinder" system (just straight Pathfinder no user files), a "General Pathfinder" sytem (that I have EVERYTHING in), "AAW Games Pathfinder" system,and a "Skull & Shackles Pathfinder" system to keep my options/user files straight for what game I'm creating/updating in.

Have the players create a new system and then the GM outputs a .hl file that the players can install to the new system that has the true default template portfolio contained in it and store that .hl file on sharable storage of choice.

Separate defaults and a "true" default template.

Not ideal for the iPad users, but it has worked wonderfully for my group(s).

edit: Ninja'd by Mathias!

Currently Playing: Pathfinder - Skull & Shackles AP
Current Character: Legendary Gunslinger 11
Currently DMing: D&D 5E - AAW Games A-Series
CorzatTheGray is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old May 19th, 2017, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizan View Post
Sorry Azhrei, I disagree. I have multiple players each with a copy of HL. Several GMs run different games concurrently, we want to have ONE place for GMs/Players get a default list of sources for a specific campaign. If this settings file were on a internet that would be even better.
Ah, I see. Your issue isn't with the technique itself, but with how that technique currently has to be managed (i.e., sending files around the 'net by email). And to that I say, "hear! hear!" It [b]is[/i] a huge PITA.

I would have suggested creating a new DropBox account for shared resources, then sharing that location with all involved players. Then players could drag/drop the files into their own DropBox folders and bingo!, they'd show up on the iPad. But we all know what's happening with the DropBox connection...
Azhrei is offline   #14 Reply With Quote