Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

hrs

Old July 11th, 2017, 01:01 PM
I hope this is the right place to ask for these.

1) I don't own all the Pathfinder Data Package, as many others, I suspect, so it happens that sometimes I'm not able to find in HL the feat (or else) I'm looking for.
If I want it, I need to purchase the relevant Data Package, but which one is it?
I need to go on d20pfsrd or archivesofnethys, look up which book it appeared in, then go to the Data Package page in the store and look in which package or bundle that book is included. A cumbersome process, IMHO, especially if you are missing a handful of feats/abilities.
It would be great to be able to write the name of what you are missing and be told which Package you should buy to get it!
This doesn't need to be built in HeroLab, it can be a tool on the website, and I think it won't be that complicated to implement, there should be a database you could query to extract the data.

2) Depending on the Package one has purchased there is a long list of Hero Settings you can choose from upon creating your character. The way I use that is, depending on the GM limitations, I check only the relevant boxes so I'm sure I'm not building a character with "illegal" stuff.
The limitations are often the same from campaign to campaign: "Only Paizo material", "Only Core Book" etc... just a handful of cases.
It would be great to be able to have a quick select of those on top of the Hero Settings instead of having to scroll down to check everything every time.
The options could be built in, or the "Set Defaults" button could be enhanced to allow saving of multiple combinations.
hrs is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old July 11th, 2017, 02:36 PM
1) feats can be in several locations so looking them up which source would be on you. As for finding which package has a given source, ctrl+F or cmd+F will open a search window in your browser. Start typing in the name of the source (preferable the unique part of the title) and your browser will locate the package(s) that a given source is in.

2) Settings packages is something that they have on their drawing board. However until that is done: Create a new por file with the settings for a given campaign and a dummy character. Then either import that char and adjust in a new por every time you want those settings. Or a Save/Load default settings between por files.
Minous is offline   #2 Reply With Quote