Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Minous

Old March 17th, 2017, 09:29 AM
Is it possible to get a spell book for clerics and similar classes? I want to be able to get a printout of common spells that I may or may not have prepped. With Wizards and what not that is nicely handled by their spell book. For divine not so much....
Minous is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 17th, 2017, 12:35 PM
You could do that via an archetype, if you like.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old March 17th, 2017, 12:39 PM
Any suggestions on how? I like having the spell summaries and what not that output when a character has a spellbook. (Not looking to apply any spellbook related rules to the character, but do want a similar output like my witch has but for say a cleric)
Minous is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 17th, 2017, 01:09 PM
Aaron; he didn't mean converting the class to become a spellbook caster. He wants a printout option for all the spells a Cleric could potentially cast.

You can adjust the number prepared on a spell you've added to a character down to 0. It won't count against spells prepared, but it will show up on the printout of the character's current spells.
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old March 17th, 2017, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Aaron; he didn't mean converting the class to become a spellbook caster. He wants a printout option for all the spells a Cleric could potentially cast.

You can adjust the number prepared on a spell you've added to a character down to 0. It won't count against spells prepared, but it will show up on the printout of the character's current spells.
Yeah that gets the spell descriptions but not the other useful summary sheets. However it also makes the prepared spells section an utter disaster. When your going to have 100+ spells by 9-10 Lvl that you swap between across the spell levels cluttering he UI just seems like a crude hack. Being able to throw the list of spells into a book and then get all of the nice formatting and management just seems like a cleaner option if possible.
Minous is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 17th, 2017, 01:19 PM
Create a new character who's only used for generating the spell list. Then your real character can show only the spells you want, while all the potentials are available to print.
Mathias is online now   #6 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 17th, 2017, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post

As I understood it, he wanted to show a subset of all spells, those he is likely to cast. That suggests there should be 3 levels of filtering:
All spells (not wanted)
Likely Spells (want to print)
Currently Memorized spells (to keep the UI in the program clean)

If he were to use an archetype to convert the cleric to a spellbook caster, that would let him determine what goes into "Likely Spells" based on what he adds to the spellbook.

Drawback being that if he decides he does want to memorize an unlikely spell, he needs to go through an extra step adding it to the spellbook first. Also, he'd probably want to make his "spellbook" weigh nothing and have infinite pages, but it's easy to just drop it to the ground and ignore it for the most part.
Aaron is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 17th, 2017, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minous View Post
Any suggestions on how? I like having the spell summaries and what not that output when a character has a spellbook. (Not looking to apply any spellbook related rules to the character, but do want a similar output like my witch has but for say a cleric)
There are a couple archetypes which add spellbook casting to non-casting classes (Eldritch Scoundrel). I'd look there first.
Aaron is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 17th, 2017, 03:05 PM
Oh, y'know what, I'm a total doofus.
Aaron is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 17th, 2017, 03:06 PM
You don't actually need an archetype to do anything like this. Just add a prayer book and add whatever spells you like. From what I see, the Spellbook Dossier will show anyway.
Aaron is offline   #10 Reply With Quote