Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

saintaurik

Old October 9th, 2022, 06:59 AM
When you pick the soulknife class in the demo version of the game it loads the mindblade (shortsword) weapon to the character sheet. When you upgrade to the full version it is no longer there.

What happened to the mindblade (shortsword) weapon and how do I fix this so it shows up on the character sheet?

For the soulknife the only thing I have configured on the hero is the d20 srd psionics support. The soulknife class is in that data pack but I am unable to find the exact .user file that contains the information to see what is causing the error.
saintaurik is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old October 9th, 2022, 10:45 PM
Hi, I just created a 1st level Soulknife. The mindblade (shortsword) appeared automatically under weapons, and shows on the character sheet.

There is no user file for LW packages. You can create a user file / portfolio if you save your Hero. Hero's are the same in Demo/Full... "upgrading" doesn't change that - it just allows more Heroes at one time, and lets you save/print.

Do you have something active that might be hiding weapons? Can you post an screenshot of the weapon tab, or post a copy of your Hero portfolio that we can check what's happening?

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
saintaurik

Old October 11th, 2022, 07:48 AM
The only thing I have check marked to use is the d20 srd psionics support in the configure hero (Ctrl+K). If I uncheck that then I have no access to the soul knife class.
Attached Files
File Type: email test character.por (16.9 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by saintaurik; October 11th, 2022 at 07:51 AM.
saintaurik is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 11th, 2022, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintaurik View Post
The only thing I have check marked to use is the d20 srd psionics support in the configure hero (Ctrl+K). If I uncheck that then I have no access to the soul knife class.
Thanks. I see the issue. The ability that bootstraps the mind blade has been replaced in the community set. There is a bootstrap condition on the mind blade class special that looks at the Value field. In a corresponding script, that field is being set at the same time. This means the script may run before or after the boostrap condition is checked. To fix this, do the following:
  1. Open up "3.5 - Expanded Psionics Handbook" in the editor.
  2. Find Mind Blade (cSknMinBl1) in the Class->Class Special tab
  3. Change the timing for eval script 2 from First/500 -> First/495.
  4. Optional: You may also want to change the bootstrap timing from 500 - 499 to make sure the item functions properly. This may not be necessary, but in testing I noticed that something on the item runs at First/500.

Note: I have maded these changes for the next release.
Sendric is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
saintaurik

Old October 12th, 2022, 06:30 AM
I should open the Timing tab after clicking on the Eval Script tab?
saintaurik is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 12th, 2022, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintaurik View Post
I should open the Timing tab after clicking on the Eval Script tab?
See attached
Attached Images
File Type: png timing.png (226.2 KB, 6 views)
Sendric is offline   #6 Reply With Quote