Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

ddaley

Old May 23rd, 2019, 01:40 PM
This is a courtesy reminder that your Realm Works® license will be expiring in just 0 days. Should your license be allowed to lapse, your data will remain safe, but access to it will become limited. You can easily renew your license or setup automatic renewal via the link below

Um, what? I bought Realm Works in in April of 2015. Was this a 4 year license or something? I don't see anything in the original receipt that says that the license will expire.
ddaley is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Robin79

Old May 23rd, 2019, 01:44 PM
same here. Quite curious what will happen "in just 0 days"...
Robin79 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 24th, 2019, 11:16 AM
C.f. http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=62602, this was an erroneous email. Server access expires, of course. They've been up-front about that, from the start, although I think it's only just now starting to be enforced.
Duggan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
kylania

Old May 24th, 2019, 12:36 PM
Where did they say you had to pay for a license for the software and also subscribe to use the REQUIRED sync features of the software?

How are you supposed to work offline if you must sync first and can't sync if you don't subscribe?

Not going to use a product where I have to pay again to reinstall if I upgrade my PC 6 months down the road.
kylania is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 24th, 2019, 01:09 PM
Please see the corrected email that was sent out a couple hours ago to users with expiring licenses. It affirms that you only lose the ability to sync up new data if you allow the server access component to lapse. You can still connect to the server, create new realms, and even pull down existing data that's already up there.
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old May 24th, 2019, 03:11 PM
Lone Wolf has always been more than fair with it's customers.
Thanks, Rob.
Ualaa is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Chokra Broodslayer

Old May 24th, 2019, 05:38 PM
I was curious about this too.

I can't even get Realm Works to work. I downloaded the new version but it tells me the database needs to be updated. I contacted customer support about it.

If we have to pay for the server access, I'm out until October when I get my next paycheck. I'm a teacher and don't get paid in the summer months. Had I gotten this email before my May 1 paycheck, I could have paid for this.
Chokra Broodslayer is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old May 24th, 2019, 06:39 PM
I made some inquiries a long time ago about this.

Currently:
- RW is pay once keep forever
- You can access the content market w/o cloud subscription
- For the sync+up and down aside from purchases from the market you need a subscription. E.g. you want to sync your own realm from pc 1 to laptop.

This information is dated from years before content market, but I don't hink it has changed.

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #8 Reply With Quote