Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Gomezy3k

Old June 18th, 2021, 08:54 PM
I am a great fan of the show The Outpost and would love to create a PC based on the character Talon from the show. She is an awesome fighter and would make a great PC but I am not sure how to go about creating her on HL.

Another character I would love to create is Telerie Windyarm from Snarfquest. I came across a web page where someone tried but I cannot get the stats that the author wrote to correspond to HeroLab.

https://alzrius.wordpress.com/tag/telerie/
Gomezy3k is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old June 18th, 2021, 09:32 PM
Hero Lab has various options for stats.

You can use various point-buy totals.
You can roll your dice and just "pick" the totals (which is the default option).

What part are you not getting?
Ualaa is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Gomezy3k

Old June 19th, 2021, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
Hero Lab has various options for stats.

You can use various point-buy totals.
You can roll your dice and just "pick" the totals (which is the default option).

What part are you not getting?
As for the Talon character, making up a Pathfinder elf fighter is pretty self explanatory.

Where I am having problems is the Windyarm character How do I create a Pathfinder PC?

Telerie Windyarm

The Ability Scores are easy, just insert them but then it gets confusing:

How do I add in the "Broke", "History" (her family was ravaged by the evil wizard Gathgor), and "Insane" (lacks a sense of modesty, has no racial prejudices);

The "Fast Learner" (specialized in skills for one-half cost);

"Float Like a Butterfly" (What the heck is that and where is something similar on HL???);

"Split Movement/attacking" (Which is what??)

"Berserker with Odinpower and Enduring" Telerie gains a +6 bonus to Strength, a +4 bonus to Dexterity, and a +3 bonus to Armor Class.(OK How do I add in the Beserker, can I make her a Barbarian to allow her to go Beserk? And I am not sure what the Odin Power is or the Enduring or how to add them in."

"Reflex Training/Combat Reflexes variant", specialized for one-half cost/only for using Block maneuvers

"Brawny Beauty" Augmented Bonus with the Improved and Advanced modifiers/add Strength bonus to hit points. Augmented Bonus with the Improved and Advanced modifiers/add Charisma to Armor Class; corrupted for increased effect/only while wearing light armor or no armor; specialized for double effect/only against opponents that would be attracted to her.

In looking through HeroLab, I am at a loss as to how to convert everything over.

As the page says:
"This build of Telerie largely has her focusing on avoiding blows rather than absorbing them, while still working fairly well as a melee combatant. In other words, she’s straddling the line between a striker and a tank. A not-inconsiderable part of her effectiveness comes from the the nature of the enemies she usually faces; in a more high-powered world (e.g. most Pathfinder settings), she’d likely find herself overwhelmed in fairly short order.

Of course, what’s not here is the heaping-helping of “plot immunity” that Telerie likely has. After all, when the comic’s creator personally appears in the work to ogle you, you’re probably going to make it through somehow."

Last edited by Gomezy3k; June 19th, 2021 at 09:21 AM.
Gomezy3k is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old June 19th, 2021, 04:01 PM
She should have 1 level of Barbarian according to the article you link to. All the other terms you have are from 'Eclipse - The Codex Persona' not d20 3/3.5 or Pathfinder. (You may want a copy of that to check what all the things are.)
I'd be inclined to add a bunch of free feats, traits, or use adjustments to get the effects.

Broke, History and Insane (Traits/Flaws) are just background - use the journal to record the details.
Awareness includes what would be Improved Uncanny Dodge, & Trap Sense +1.
Berserker is the standard Rage ability (+4 Str/COn, +2 Will save, -2 AC). Odinpower raises this to +6 Str/Con, +3 Will. Enduring negates the fatigue after the rage.
Reflex Training allows an Immediate action under a particular circumstance, or the ability to take an extra Standard action 3 times/day. Combat Reflexes is probably the feat of that name.
Fast Learner grants bonus CP. I can't find the other Abilities named. Split Move/Attacking sounds like Spring Attack.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Gomezy3k

Old June 19th, 2021, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
She should have 1 level of Barbarian according to the article you link to. All the other terms you have are from 'Eclipse - The Codex Persona' not d20 3/3.5 or Pathfinder. (You may want a copy of that to check what all the things are.)
I'd be inclined to add a bunch of free feats, traits, or use adjustments to get the effects.

Broke, History and Insane (Traits/Flaws) are just background - use the journal to record the details.
Awareness includes what would be Improved Uncanny Dodge, & Trap Sense +1.
Berserker is the standard Rage ability (+4 Str/COn, +2 Will save, -2 AC). Odinpower raises this to +6 Str/Con, +3 Will. Enduring negates the fatigue after the rage.
Reflex Training allows an Immediate action under a particular circumstance, or the ability to take an extra Standard action 3 times/day. Combat Reflexes is probably the feat of that name.
Fast Learner grants bonus CP. I can't find the other Abilities named. Split Move/Attacking sounds like Spring Attack.
Awesmoe thanks... That helps a lot...
Gomezy3k is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old June 27th, 2021, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomezy3k View Post
As for the Talon character, making up a Pathfinder elf fighter is pretty self explanatory.

The "Fast Learner" (specialized in skills for one-half cost);.
Not sure if it's possible to have skills cost half ranks to purchase, but you can easily add an adjustment for extra skill points, and then manually change it each time. If you think they'll stick with the same class then you can check their level one skill points and adjust to have twice as many per level
Search under "Other Adjustments", on the Adjust Tab.

Quote:
"Berserker with Odinpower and Enduring" Telerie gains a +6 bonus to Strength, a +4 bonus to Dexterity, and a +3 bonus to Armor Class.(OK How do I add in the Beserker, can I make her a Barbarian to allow her to go Beserk? And I am not sure what the Odin Power is or the Enduring or how to add them in."
I'm not sure how to code rage, but the easier method would be taking Barbarian or Bloodrager levels. If you want to make your own class, then in the editor take a look at how Rage is done and copy the mechanic to create your own. I generally do as much as I can, without going into the editor and with adjustments a massive amount of options are possible.

Quote:
"Reflex Training/Combat Reflexes variant", specialized for one-half cost/only for using Block maneuvers
Not sure how to do half costs for feats, but you can do an adjustment for "Feats Allowed" and basically make half of your feats cost nothing, as you award the character extra free feats as adjustments.

"Brawny Beauty" Augmented Bonus with the Improved and Advanced modifiers/add Strength bonus to hit points. Augmented Bonus with the Improved and Advanced modifiers/add Charisma to Armor Class; corrupted for increased effect/only while wearing light armor or no armor; specialized for double effect/only against opponents that would be attracted to her.
You can change the stat that is used for hit points as an adjustment. If you want to apply both Strength and the default Constitution, you could do an adjustment for hit points. Even easier than that might be... for example a character who rolls 1d10 for hit points and has +4 STR mod and +4 CON mod; you get maximum hit points at first level, but they should have 18 and HL will get them 14. When they go to 2nd level, you could give them 18 hit points on the level 2 d10 roll (it will again add the correct CON mod, but you can give two +4 adjusts by giving them 18 on the 1d10 roll)..

Quote:
In looking through HeroLab, I am at a loss as to how to convert everything over.

As the page says:
"This build of Telerie largely has her focusing on avoiding blows rather than absorbing them, while still working fairly well as a melee combatant. In other words, she’s straddling the line between a striker and a tank. A not-inconsiderable part of her effectiveness comes from the the nature of the enemies she usually faces; in a more high-powered world (e.g. most Pathfinder settings), she’d likely find herself overwhelmed in fairly short order.

Of course, what’s not here is the heaping-helping of “plot immunity” that Telerie likely has. After all, when the comic’s creator personally appears in the work to ogle you, you’re probably going to make it through somehow."
Fluff is hard to build into a character. Batman wouldn't be much of an accurate hero with plot immunity/preparation, unless your GM was doing that for you. Alternatively, you could build them as 4 or 8 levels higher than your content, so without trying terribly hard they get through encounters easily.
Ualaa is offline   #6 Reply With Quote