Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

Destrin

Old June 2nd, 2014, 01:38 AM
I'm trying to put together the Builder files for Firestorm Armada V2 and hitting an issue with the statistics. The main problem here is that the ships have certain stats, then every weapon has another set of stats. I'm the rulebooks, these are all presented on individual lines (example):

shipstat.png

Ship stats all along the top line (DR, CR, MV etc.) weapon stats (in range brackets) beneath them

When I try to achieve the same thing in AB, I get this:
ABPrintpreview.png

There is just one header line for all the stats with the weapon stats sticking out on the right hand side...I really would like to see it insert a new header beneath the line that says 'Apex Class Dreadnought...' that stated the weapon stats and listed those appropriately for each primary weapon This is only going to get worse as I add other weapon types in.

Am I going about this the wrong way or can we control how those headers work? I was under the impression that assigning a 'statset' to a unit would sort of deal with these, since all the 'shop based' stats aren't relevant to a weapon, they should have a box for them on the roster output.
Destrin is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Harkan_again

Old June 2nd, 2014, 11:59 AM
You could create another statset for the weapons, create the weapons as units and then add them as options to the ships - if you don't include the stats that are in the statset in the Views then the weapon stats will show seperately - the only problem though is they all run into one line and it isnt always clear - apart from that there isn't any other way

My own Warlord Games gallery and the home of the Warlord Games datafiles:

http://www.facebook.com/ABDataFileWarlordGames
Harkan_again is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Destrin

Old June 3rd, 2014, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harkan_again View Post
You could create another statset for the weapons, create the weapons as units and then add them as options to the ships - if you don't include the stats that are in the statset in the Views then the weapon stats will show seperately - the only problem though is they all run into one line and it isnt always clear - apart from that there isn't any other way
That is exactly how I've handled the weapons, as a seperate unit with their own statset as an option - and I was expecting to see them with their own header. I can make them appear on one line but as just a string of numbers that looks pretty terrible. There really isn't a way to have the stat header change by unit as the roster goes down the page? Hmm, annoying but okay I guess I have to find another way round
Destrin is offline   #3 Reply With Quote