Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Nightfox

Old May 10th, 2012, 04:32 PM
...when the character hold a weapon of this type, blah blah blah <insert flavor text> altering the weapon <insert more lemony goodness> more deadly.

The gist is that, as certain levels, the damage die of a weapon would change.
for the most part this becomes a lather, rinse, repeat, but I can't seem to get the lather/rinse portion to work. Here's what I started with:

Post Level/1000
~at 5th level, our damage die with battle axes increases to 1d10
if (#levelcount[class] >= 5) then
perform hero.child[wBattleaxe].assign[wMain.1d10_304]
endif

2 problems.
1) This works fine for a regular battle axe, but enchanted battle axes still show as 1d8 damage. My first thought was that this was a timing issue, but...
2) this only seems to work at Post-levels. I've tried it at every phase thinking I needed to have it act after the enchanted axe was added, but when I change the phase it stops affecting the regular axe. Even changing to Post-Level(User) causes the regular battle axe to return to 1d8.

If I could get this to work, it would be a series of elseif statements, but I need to get the first statement to work or I'll just be copy pasting the problems.

My plan C is to to add new weapons with the appropriate damage dice. I'd prefer not to add redundant items (like d10 battle axe, d12 battle axe, etc) if I can avoid it. Please, oh mighty forum gurus, save the poor bits from redundancy.
Nightfox is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 10th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Code:
~at 5th level, our damage die with battle axes increases to 1d10
if (#levelcount[class] >= 5) then
  ~find all our battleaxes and replace whatever damage they have with
  ~1d10
  foreach pick in hero from BaseWep where "IsWeapon.wBattleaxe"
    perform eachpick.tagreplace[wMain.?,wMain.1d10_304]
    nexteach
  endif
The problem wasn't related to timing - the problem was that when you create a custom weapon, it isn't that weapon - it's just pretending to be that weapon, so hero.child[] won't find it - hero.child[] finds only that specific thing (and only finds one of them, which would be a problem if you dual-wield your battleaxes).
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Nightfox

Old May 10th, 2012, 05:28 PM
As usual, the forum Heroes save the day.
Any idea why my script only worked on the post level phase with less then 10000 priority?
Nightfox is offline   #3 Reply With Quote