Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition

Notices

SAbel

Old March 29th, 2014, 08:27 PM
Daphne Pfister, If your going to Gen Con I will bring you Cookies or Twizzlers or you name it! Your fast and have me back working in HL again!
Thank you for your time!

Sean
SAbel is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Daphne Pfister

Old March 29th, 2014, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAbel View Post
Daphne Pfister, If your going to Gen Con I will bring you Cookies or Twizzlers or you name it! Your fast and have me back working in HL again!
Thank you for your time!

Sean
Glad it worked for you. Not really planning on going to GenCon, but appreciate the offer.
Daphne Pfister is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 30th, 2014, 12:19 PM
At one point, there was a concern about legality. It hasn't been investigated again since that point, as I've been a bit busy with Realm Works. I'll strive to make the time to re-evaluate it, but I'm up to my eyeballs right now, so no promises.

As for whether it's Wizards or Hasbro lawyers, it's not really important. Wizards has their own legal team that would probably be more than adequate to deal with any IP concerns. Only if they ran into difficulties would they bring in the howitzers from Hasbro legal. I don't want to be staring down the barrel of an AK-47, let alone a howitzer.
rob is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Daphne Pfister

Old March 30th, 2014, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
I'll strive to make the time to re-evaluate it, but I'm up to my eyeballs right now, so no promises.
That would be awesome. Again I understand if it isn't possible. When I posted my latest version, I made sure to set up a new thread to discourage including any theme details being posted to the thread itself in case that helps avoiding any tainting issue.
Daphne Pfister is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 31st, 2014, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kouen922 View Post
I've been having an issue with the themes, even before the latest update. When I select a theme (specifically the 'Noble Adept' theme from cryptoknight), the power and extra power point aren't shown on the character sheet. Is there any way to fix this?
Kouen922,

This is why I ask for people to post bugs on my forum instead of here. When I see new posts, I try to fix them as fast as I can... The individual files are also downloadable there, and others may choose to come up with a fix.

I never did see where on the character sheet power points went, so I think I skipped them... but the power should have boostrapped, I'll look into it.

Working on Twilight 2000 4e HL System
cryptoknight is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight

Old April 1st, 2014, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
At one point, there was a concern about legality. It hasn't been investigated again since that point, as I've been a bit busy with Realm Works. I'll strive to make the time to re-evaluate it, but I'm up to my eyeballs right now, so no promises.

As for whether it's Wizards or Hasbro lawyers, it's not really important. Wizards has their own legal team that would probably be more than adequate to deal with any IP concerns. Only if they ran into difficulties would they bring in the howitzers from Hasbro legal. I don't want to be staring down the barrel of an AK-47, let alone a howitzer.

Rob, see here's what I don't get... you sell a product that supposedly supports the 4e ruleset, but is lacking support for themes, which are part of the ruleset.

We get that we need to use the downloader against our own DDI sub to get the data... I don't understand how putting Daphne's Theme structures into the ruleset could cause an issue, we aren't talking about the theme content (that should be handled by the downloader), just support for us to type them in ourselves if we wish.

Perhaps I'm just being dense, but I don't understand how the legal implications change for adding theme support to HL 4e, vs supporting classes, races, feats, powers, items, etc.

If it's because my website offers that content for download, then add support to download themes via the downloader, and I'll pull my site down, or at least change it to a bug fixing party for all the other things the downloader misses.

Working on Twilight 2000 4e HL System
cryptoknight is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old April 1st, 2014, 03:45 PM
Are the themes on the Compendium?

The last time I used the compendium shortly after Dark Sun's release, it had not been added to it. If the compendium doesn't offer the data, that would be where the legal issues can arise from.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Daphne Pfister

Old April 1st, 2014, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
Are the themes on the Compendium?

The last time I used the compendium shortly after Dark Sun's release, it had not been added to it. If the compendium doesn't offer the data, that would be where the legal issues can arise from.
The themes are in the compendium and have been for a long time. Though at this point Rob said he was going to look into it, which is all we can hope for. So I don't see the point in worrying about it right now.
Daphne Pfister is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old April 1st, 2014, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphne Pfister View Post
The themes are in the compendium and have been for a long time. Though at this point Rob said he was going to look into it, which is all we can hope for. So I don't see the point in worrying about it right now.
The last time I used the downloader the themes were not even present. It's good they finally got the material in there. I just hope that the downloader can be updated to grab them. I don't even know if the downloader can reach the Essentials line classes.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 3rd, 2014, 11:42 AM
Hi everyone,

As far as I was aware, there shouldn't have been any changes to the 4e files this update that would cause problems with any addons. Can someone post the exact errors you get when you try to load the themes addon with the new version of the 4e files?

Thanks for your help!
Colen is offline   #20 Reply With Quote