Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Globetrotter

Old July 23rd, 2017, 01:20 PM
This is more of a feature request and less of a question, but is there any way we could have more than one saved configuration for game options?

For example, I am running a game where I have my PC's with certain books, but my NPC's use slightly different options, bestiaries for example.

Then for a PFS game I have completely different settings I need.

Then finally, I am prepping for the next campaign I will play in and there is another configuation breakdown.

What I do these days is try to keep a copy of the porfolio I want to use, and they set it as a default, then create my characters. Then when I am working on another campaign, bring up one of those portfolios and set that to default and then keep working.

Of course this breaks down when new books are added, which to be honest has made me stop buying packages because it throws off so many portfolios and it is simply not worth it.

If we could have a drop down box of multiple configuations, that would be really helpful. You could even have a check box that allows you to toggle if you want new material already added or not.

I would love this.
Globetrotter is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 23rd, 2017, 01:57 PM
If your asking for this then a whole re-write of the Configure Your Hero window should happen. Its ability to remember which sections are open/closed should be saved between HL opens.

In addition the ability to Search the options is really needed with the shear number of options now. Plus an easier way to see the full text description for sources would be really nice. Very few people know how to get to the full description which often has very helpful information for what each option does. Maybe something like a ? to be easily clicked to get to the full Option Text would be nice.

Plus moving the "Data Package" information to its own window would be nice to better see what full list of Books a person owns. And heck if we are dreaming the ability to easily be linked to the website to "buy" a Book/Package would be really user friendly. I guess I take that back we do have a "RIGHT ARROW" now that takes a person to the License page. That is nice but never noticed it before.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Globetrotter

Old July 24th, 2017, 01:41 PM
Yes!

If I could, I would even expand it further and have a Pathfinder section and a 3rd party section, maybe in tabs for example. One of my players largest complaints is having to scroll through all the third party add-ons before getting to the Pathfinder options. It is a pain.

If, for example, the collapse and expand buttons saved from viewing to viewing, that would be one thing, but they do not. Each time you open it, everything is expanded and you have to scroll and scroll. This because doubly hard on the ipad.

So many things I want changed
Globetrotter is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old July 24th, 2017, 02:26 PM
Maybe have all the menus collapsed to start so we can expand what we need. For example, I can't imagine a time when I'll use the 3rd-party available materials (my group is strictly PF-only books).
Krothos is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Olmac

Old July 25th, 2017, 07:11 AM
All of these are great ideas.
Olmac is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Valdacil

Old July 25th, 2017, 09:44 AM
+1 - This screen is painful. I have often wished for multiple presets (player vs enemy with different selected options). And remembering collapsed selections would be great. Lastly, the ability to search would be huge also.
Valdacil is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old July 25th, 2017, 01:27 PM
+1 to these suggestions! It wasn't such a big deal back when PF first started up, but there are so many options now!
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old July 29th, 2017, 01:05 PM
+1 to all of those as well. Especially remembering the collapsed sections.
Lord Magus is online now   #8 Reply With Quote
lordarcheron

Old July 31st, 2017, 04:23 PM
+1 from me too. Also custom presets would be helpful.
lordarcheron is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Drk-drgn

Old June 5th, 2018, 08:46 AM
+1 i play in multiple different campaigns and setting using herolab. in some i use everything ive bought, in others its just core rule rulebooks, in others its core plus paizo addons. it would be great is i could save multiple defaults for it.
Drk-drgn is offline   #10 Reply With Quote