Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Tharmiones

Old March 7th, 2018, 04:20 AM
Well I do think that their IT guys are most likely not the same ones as the Game Designers. So I doubt that will have any influence.
Tharmiones is offline   #331 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old March 7th, 2018, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tharmiones View Post
Well I do think that their IT guys are most likely not the same ones as the Game Designers. So I doubt that will have any influence.
They do need to design the site to handle two different editions of Pathfinder though, so more work for the devs.
Toblakai is offline   #332 Reply With Quote
jflevesque

Old March 29th, 2018, 07:21 AM
Still no updates? I'm really looking forward to the CM being released so we can get bug fixes for the other export/import issues we are all experiencing.
jflevesque is offline   #333 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old March 29th, 2018, 02:23 PM
IT are involved in everything these days.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #334 Reply With Quote
jkthomsen9

Old March 30th, 2018, 11:17 AM
I just bought my tickets for PaizoCon2018 and began to reflect back on RW. I bought RW just prior to going to PaizoCon2012. I signed up for every workshop/demo LWD had at the con and we were told that LWD was in licencing talks with Paizo and that the content market was just weeks away. Fast forward six years and on January 23rd 2018 BJ wrote " I should have a more in-depth "official" update by months end." Did I miss it? Admittedly I come to the board less and less, but I can not seam to find it.
jkthomsen9 is offline   #335 Reply With Quote
Valyar

Old March 30th, 2018, 11:43 AM
Nowadays I just hope they won't pull the plug on Realm Works or worse...

The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.
Valyar is offline   #336 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old March 30th, 2018, 05:33 PM
Well, years ago I used to be a frequent poster here (forums in general, not this thread), but hadn't been back in some time. Just took a couple hours to scroll through this thread. Not quite what I wanted to hear.

Totally get all the disappointment, frustration, etc and fully recognize that LWD staff have it too, perhaps even more than we do. Yes, I totally have those feelings myself.

Couple other minor notes from things in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dervish View Post
The content market is something i must endure if i want custom calendars i am willing to shut up and let them do their work for that
Umm, yes. I was (am?) one of Chemlak's chief calendar disciples. The reason I stopped in was that I was getting ready to basically jury-rig a timeline in my DB linking my Fantasy Ground session topics to behind the scenes machinations my players are unaware of and also to just give them a better sense of time.

Congrats to BJ! What a trooper she is, well deserved. I didn't detect the new guy yet, is that accurate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ View Post
Huzzah! Good thing, I'm not sure my insurance covers injury by angry villagers!
No, probably not. Is that why the new guy hasn't been introduced yet? Is he hiding in the closet or has he fled, envisioning pitchforks, tar, feathers and a quartet of horses?

When all is said and done, RW already is (IMO) the best of class for campaign management. I use it constantly and rely on it, even though I'm sure I don't get nearly as much out of it as I probably could, just because I don't have unlimited time to spend on my campaign.

Unfortunately, the CM is supposed to be the source of the $$ that drives everything else, and therefore must go forward. I'm a huge space fan, and am loving what SpaceX is doing. On their FB page, there was a running 'joke' for the Falcon Heavy that it would be ready in '6 months', regardless of when asked. BJ, I don't think they have this practice patented, so perhaps you should adopt this? Followed by 'Free drinks tomorrow'

Cheers!

Gary
Assistant Calendar Champion (retired)

GM: D&D 3.5 homegrown Local/Small Scale campaign
GMing blog: http://www.undiscoveredworlds.com
weogarth is offline   #337 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old March 30th, 2018, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weogarth View Post
No, probably not. Is that why the new guy hasn't been introduced yet? Is he hiding in the closet or has he fled, envisioning pitchforks, tar, feathers and a quartet of horses?
Ummm ... http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=59998
EightBitz is offline   #338 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old March 31st, 2018, 07:18 AM

Gary
Assistant Calendar Champion (retired)

GM: D&D 3.5 homegrown Local/Small Scale campaign
GMing blog: http://www.undiscoveredworlds.com

Last edited by weogarth; March 31st, 2018 at 07:36 AM.
weogarth is offline   #339 Reply With Quote
joepacelli

Old April 5th, 2018, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ View Post
Hey folks!

Paizo devs have been swamped for a while now, so we are still waiting for the last piece of the puzzle we need from them. Unfortunately, while we understand their position, we have no way of knowing how long that will take to arrive. In the meantime, we believe we have found a temporary solution that, while not perfect, may allow us to go ahead and launch the store. It will take our devs some time to implement but if it goes as planned we will have something for you next month. Please be aware, it will cause some hiccups during the purchase of Paizo items but you will still be able to purchase them with a few extra steps.

I know it's not the news everyone wants to hear, it isn't the news I want to share either, but it's what we have to work with at this time and I'm doing my best to see that we get this out despite limitations. At the very least, it gives us hope!
BJ - Do you have any updated news? How are things coming? Do we foresee the CM before PaizoCon this year?
joepacelli is offline   #340 Reply With Quote