Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Krothos

Old June 12th, 2017, 06:12 PM
Before I purchase this addon, I'm wondering the final decision made on how this content was added, especially since it replicates/changes/updates some material found in other previously released sources. Did LW decided to make these separate content? For example, if I pick the Lore Warden archtype for my Fighter, will I see 2 options or only the option from AG? Thanks.
Krothos is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dwayne

Old June 12th, 2017, 07:45 PM
I did not buy the book for HL but the new update appears to have changed at least feats that were changed in the Adventurer's Guide to the new versions even without buying the book. Tribal Scars now does not give 6 hp for example.
Dwayne is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old June 13th, 2017, 06:55 AM
Case by case. I know Lore Warden was split so that both the old and new version are available.
Aaron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
frumple

Old June 13th, 2017, 09:21 AM
Speaking as someone who did a good 1/2 or so of the work on this book, there is a bunch of stuff that has been updated from what appeared in earlier sources.

In some cases, new archetypes/classes has to created due to the degree of differences with the old material. In these cases the old version is kept but renamed with the sourcebook it originally appeared in. For example there is a new version of the Steel Talon in the AvG, but the one from the Andoran book is still there but renamed to Steel Talon (Andoran).

In other cases the class/archetype is just renamed, for example the old Lantern Bearer ranger archetype is renamed to the Lantern Defender.

FYI, there is also a bunch of new classes and archetypes in the book that have not appeared elsewhere.
frumple is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old June 13th, 2017, 09:54 AM
I also filed a bug ticket as there are things missing the AvG source (Ioun stone updates)
Minous is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 13th, 2017, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minous View Post
I also filed a bug ticket as there are things missing the AvG source (Ioun stone updates)
It's possible that section just isn't finished yet, as we noted in our release: the Houses of Perfection and Lantern Bearers sections are not yet complete, and will be added in a future update.
BJ is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old June 13th, 2017, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ View Post
It's possible that section just isn't finished yet, as we noted in our release: the Houses of Perfection and Lantern Bearers sections are not yet complete, and will be added in a future update.
The ioun stone's text/effects have been updated to the AvG versions. I just wanted to make others aware of the possible impact.
Minous is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Dwayne

Old June 13th, 2017, 12:37 PM
I hate the fact that without buying the book things are being changed. What about the people who did buy the previous books that had things changed by this? We paid for the things in those books. They were not free.
Dwayne is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old June 13th, 2017, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
I hate the fact that without buying the book things are being changed. What about the people who did buy the previous books that had things changed by this? We paid for the things in those books. They were not free.
Other people consider us updating things to the latest rules to be a service. It's all tradeoffs, Dwayne. Unfortunately things didn't go your way this time, sorry.
Aaron is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Dwayne

Old June 13th, 2017, 02:02 PM
It's ok. I do understand. I just wish there was an option to choose to keep previous versions.
Dwayne is offline   #10 Reply With Quote