Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Tigz

Old October 30th, 2018, 04:40 PM
I'm looking to add some feats into my custom hero lab files but I'm having issues trying to figure out if/how to link feats that get stronger the more you have.

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/3rd-p...hifting-feats/

Was hoping someone could point me in the direction to what I should be doing to achieve that.
Tigz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
AWizardInDallas

Send a message via AIM to AWizardInDallas Send a message via MSN to AWizardInDallas Send a message via Yahoo to AWizardInDallas Send a message via Skype™ to AWizardInDallas

Old October 31st, 2018, 09:51 AM
You'll have to research how to accomplish this for each feat using the guide to the editor and by copying existing feats that do similar things and looking at the related eval scripts. Using one feat an example...

Beasthide Shift (Shifting)
Benefit: You gain a +1 bonus to natural armor for each [Shifting] feat you possess. This shift lasts for 2 rounds.
Special: At 3 Shifting feats, half of your Natural Armor bonus applies to your Touch AC (rounded down).
At 5 Shifting feats, you add your full Natural Armor bonus to your Touch AC

Here's what my planned approach would be:

1. Create the basic skeletal feats so you have feat IDs you can work with.
2. Use #hasfeat[feat_id] in an eval script for each feat and gather a sum. Use the sum to add a natural armor bonus if sum(feats) <3).
3. Add an elseif condition: if sum(feats) >= 3, divide the natural armor bonus and apply half to touch AC.
4. Add an elseif condition if sum(feats) >=5 apply the entire bonus to both ACs.
5. You'll probably want a check box to turn it off and on since it's conditional.

I would consider not doing the eval script at all since the feat only lasts 2 rounds (i.e. it's conditional).

AWizardInDallas
AWizardInDallas is offline   #2 Reply With Quote