Notices

dartnet
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 28th, 2014, 01:13 PM
Updated the list a bit.
dartnet is offline   #51 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old October 29th, 2014, 05:37 AM
Just an update for the "Coming Soon Still being created." section of the list, I've got the Hell On Earth Companion and will be working to get that added to the Hell On Earth: Reloaded data file. So it will be an update to HoER (although as a separate selectable source) rather than a new data file but it's in the works!

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #52 Reply With Quote
dartnet

Old October 30th, 2014, 09:55 AM
Updated.
dartnet is offline   #53 Reply With Quote
Damon Griffin

Old November 26th, 2014, 04:28 PM
I just started playing in a Deadlands: Reloaded game. At the moment I only own Hero Lab for Pathfinder, so I'll be adding on Savage Worlds for $19.99; it comes with Supers/Fantasy/Horror Companions but is the Deadlands: Reloaded material part of this as well, or do I need to find/buy a separate data package?
Damon Griffin is offline   #54 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old November 26th, 2014, 05:59 PM
All of the "Savage Settings" as listed in the index on this thread are available for free, including DLR. However I will note that DLR is being heavily reworked and updated at this time, but I've done my own version of it if you really want to get something more up to date than the current release but that might be completely and utterly incompatible (but probably not by too much) to the official new release when it comes out. Just PM me when you're ready for it. Currently the only pay settings are the ones you listed, Super Powers Companion, Fantasy Companion and Horror Companion. The two new Companions, Super Powers 2 & Sci-Fi, I expect will also be pay settings. Otherwise all of the non-Companion settings file are all free. Yet another nicer thing about the Savage Worlds side of the house over all that money-grubbing Pathfinder stuff!

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #55 Reply With Quote
Damon Griffin

Old November 27th, 2014, 09:10 AM
Okay, going back and looking at the index I see that the major update you mentioned adds at least two adventures (The Flood and Last Sons.)

I think for my purposes the existing setting file should be okay so long as it's pretty much bug-free. I think our "marshal" will be running a fairly basic campaign.

Thanks!
Damon Griffin is offline   #56 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old November 27th, 2014, 09:15 AM
If there are bugs, I had a thread about it before the update that might help to clear some of them up.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #57 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old November 27th, 2014, 07:12 PM
Well, there are some... issues in the current data file for Deadlands. I handled Harrowed very differently in the Hell on Earth and Deadlands Noir files, for example, in a way that I think works better and there are several other problems in the current file. Most of them are easy enough to fix, but it's definitely been in need of a major revamp which is what I tried to do with the version I have. I've even given that file to CapedCrusader who is working on that update (after Sci-Fi and Supers 2, though.) So some of the things I've done will likely make it into the official version, but it is possible that the differences in my version, if CC decides to do them differently, will cause problems if you used a character created with it and tried to open it with the official version. Not to mention my version isn't part of the official update mechanism so you wouldn't get updates to it as easily. Feel free to play with the current one, though, and see if it does what you need.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #58 Reply With Quote
dartnet

Old December 12th, 2014, 02:40 PM
Big updates to my files. You can find the new files here.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e7wn3gr9d...N7nJ69ePa?dl=0
dartnet is offline   #59 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old December 12th, 2014, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dartnet View Post
Big updates to my files. You can find the new files here.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e7wn3gr9d...N7nJ69ePa?dl=0
Awesome! Thanks!

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #60 Reply With Quote