Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

meek75

Old December 14th, 2014, 04:38 PM
OK, I'm not sure, but I don't think this functionality exists yet. I tend to brainstorm a lot in the storyboards. It's my process Anyway, I find that sometime I get plots that sprawl out of control. What I want to do is group some of the plots into a subplot. I'd love to be able to select some plot points on the storyboard and move them all to a new subplot. Doing it manually is a lot of work, and I just don't plan my plots in a fashion that allows me to know where things needs to be at the start. So, just another feature to add to the ever growing wishlist.
meek75 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old December 14th, 2014, 09:15 PM
Something more than box-select or shift-select, then context-clicking (right-clicking) and picking Create New Subplot From Selected Plot Points?

(I feel like I'm missing something here. :(

Parody is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old December 15th, 2014, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
Something more than box-select or shift-select, then context-clicking (right-clicking) and picking Create New Subplot From Selected Plot Points?

(I feel like I'm missing something here. :(
Your not missing anything -- I was. This feature does exist. I never tried to shift-select. That seems like such an obvious thing to try that I'm embarrassed I missed it RW lets me do exactly what I was asking for! Thanks Parody, your response gave me answer my tired brain was missing.
meek75 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old December 15th, 2014, 05:45 AM
I know the feeling; there's a lot of UI I've missed over the years. :)

It does bring up a UI niggly: Ctrl-click is normally "discontiguous select", selecting or deselecting just the item on which you clicked. Shift-click is normally "contiguous select", selecting a group of items from the one that was previously highlighted to the one you just clicked. Here they've assigned Ctrl-click to do the same thing as double-clicking, putting the diagram into the Navigation Pane and opening the Associated Content in the Content Pane, while having Shift-click do discontiguous selection. (The items here don't have an order.) I would have picked Ctrl-click for multiple selection and not assigned Navigate twice. ::shrug::

Parody is offline   #4 Reply With Quote