Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Alternity (user-created)

Notices

dblade

Old February 24th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Awesome! Keep up the great work!
dblade is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
iceniqueen

Old February 24th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Do I have to purchase anything to get Alternity to work in Hero Lab? I tried to save and it told me it was demo mode oly.

Thanks
iceniqueen is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old February 24th, 2013, 11:28 PM
You need the "Authoring Kit" to be able to use it.
jbearwillis is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
evildmguy

Old February 25th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Okay, not sure what to do about computers, in terms of buying them. It seems as if the idea was to have a "cyberpunk" like computer system, where you track data slots and the programs loaded. But I have not used it! So, I don't know if that's what people want or not? And then it seems that you can expand the data slots with a purchase? It's almost like a minion at that point, instead of gear?

At the moment, I have added in buying computers but no programs at this point, depending on what I have to do with them. If I do need to break it out with programs, it might needs its own tab. Or even something more, depending on how it is supposed to work.

Here are my release notes at the moment:

Fixed Free Agent Resistance modifier.
Updated character sheet.
Updated skill page. Now with color!
Updated some Perks and Flaws to apply effects.
Updated description view of gear, armory, skills.
Implemented some advancements.
Added campaign level pick.
Added in vehicles.
Added in computers.
Calculate level based on xp earned, up to level 100.
Calculate Tech Op bonus points due to level, up to level 65.
Updated skill summary panel.
Clean up ammo costs and weight. I automatically added some items to the ammo side when certain weapons were picked. However, I might not be able to leave it that way because then the added item is not available for stacking.

If I can get advances figured out, I might release early. Otherwise, it is planned for Thursday, 2/28/2013.

Still more to do but I'm really happy with what I have gotten done in this past month.

edg
evildmguy is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old February 25th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Great to hear - looks Like you have been busy. Can't wait for the release to have some fun with. Keep up the great work. Thanks.
jbearwillis is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
iceniqueen

Old March 2nd, 2013, 12:29 PM
One thing I have notice on the HL sheet.

In programs like The Castle Alternity Character manager (www.thecastle.com) is that when you buy a broad skill then a specialty skill on the HL sheet the broad skill stays 0. So an ability like Medical Knowledge: Treatment might read on 14/7/3 on a HL sheet, on the sheet I refer to shows 15/7/3

Another program Squat reads the exact same way. I checked with my GM and this is correct how the Castle and Squat both do it as well as the Alternity site http://www.alternityrpg.net/onlineforums/index.php

Will this get fixed?
iceniqueen is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
evildmguy

Old March 2nd, 2013, 07:44 PM
Hmm. Not sure I completely follow what you are saying.

I think you are saying that broad skills can be improved in HL and that's not allowed by the rules. That is the big thing I am working on at the moment, getting advances up and working properly.

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback!

edg
evildmguy is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
iceniqueen

Old March 3rd, 2013, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evildmguy View Post
Hmm. Not sure I completely follow what you are saying.

I think you are saying that broad skills can be improved in HL and that's not allowed by the rules. That is the big thing I am working on at the moment, getting advances up and working properly.

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback!

edg
No You buy a Broad Skill, then you buy the Specialty Skill. The specialty skill when purchased has the exact same score as the broad skill and shows 0 ranks. Per page 61 of the PHB it says When a specialty skill is first obtained, the character character possess the skill at rank 1. In the HL sheet it shows 0 and the die roll is exactly the same as the Broad skill when it should be 1 point higher. SO 14/7/3 for the broad skill should not read 14/7/3 for the specialty skill it should read 15/7/3 for the specialty skill
iceniqueen is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old March 3rd, 2013, 11:21 AM
I think I understand what they are saying now - broad skill should show and stay at the basic and when you pick a specialty skill which starts at rank 1 it should be showing one point higher then the basic. That's if I understand them correctly and if that is what they are saying, they are correct.
jbearwillis is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
evildmguy

Old March 3rd, 2013, 11:27 AM
Ah, okay.

Added to the list to check out and fix.

Thanks!

edg
evildmguy is offline   #20 Reply With Quote