Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

joepacelli

Old February 21st, 2018, 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ View Post
You're in luck! We fully intend to have bestiaries available at launch. Many of them are already done.

Curse of the Crimson Throne is complete as well.
Now your just teasing use and make use drool in anticipation.

It feels like the list you give to Santa Claus and are waiting now for Christmas morning to ripe open these presents.

I'm so looking forward to the launch of CM as I will be definitely purchasing the Pathfinder Content, especially the Curse of the Crimson Throne.

Hopefully the API can be fixed very soon. So I can stop manually entering the Curse of the Crimson Throne. But I'll trudge along with my data entry, but only the first chapter.
joepacelli is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
gaffneyks

Old February 21st, 2018, 05:48 AM
Quote:
I am in talks to get other licenses in place while we wait for the API issue to be solved and we are working on adding 5E content from 3PPs. Book of Lairs, Tome of Beasts, and Creature Components should all be available at launch, for example.

If you're talking about the Legendary Games book Trail of the Apprentice, I actually wrote a cameo bit for that. I'm not sure when exactly we will have it but I suspect we will have it.
This is awesome news for me as I play 5e. Although, I don't plan on purchasing Tome of Beast for RW as I use Hero Lab for encounters(linked to RW), so I will be purchasing it in.

Question that probably cannot be answered, But I will ask anyway. Some of these products are from Kobold Press. Midgard campaign setting for 5e is due to come out in March. Now that would be something that would be perfect to include in RW, an entire campaign setting.

Is this something that could or might be included in the negotiations with Kobold Press?
gaffneyks is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
Mystic Lemur

Old February 21st, 2018, 02:16 PM
Is there anything we can do to impress upon Paizo how important it is for them to make this a priority?
Mystic Lemur is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 21st, 2018, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepacelli View Post
Now your just teasing use and make use drool in anticipation.

It feels like the list you give to Santa Claus and are waiting now for Christmas morning to ripe open these presents.

I'm so looking forward to the launch of CM as I will be definitely purchasing the Pathfinder Content, especially the Curse of the Crimson Throne.

Hopefully the API can be fixed very soon. So I can stop manually entering the Curse of the Crimson Throne. But I'll trudge along with my data entry, but only the first chapter.
Haha! But opening presents is so much fun!

So glad you're looking forward to it, we are really hoping it's fixed soon too.
BJ is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 21st, 2018, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaffneyks View Post
This is awesome news for me as I play 5e. Although, I don't plan on purchasing Tome of Beast for RW as I use Hero Lab for encounters(linked to RW), so I will be purchasing it in.

Question that probably cannot be answered, But I will ask anyway. Some of these products are from Kobold Press. Midgard campaign setting for 5e is due to come out in March. Now that would be something that would be perfect to include in RW, an entire campaign setting.

Is this something that could or might be included in the negotiations with Kobold Press?
We have a very good relationship with Kobold Press, It's likely Midgard will make it into Realm Works, I just don't have an idea on when at the moment.
BJ is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 21st, 2018, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Lemur View Post
Is there anything we can do to impress upon Paizo how important it is for them to make this a priority?
Not that I can think of. They are aware of how important this is to us and will do what they can, they just have to take care of their own house before they can make time for ours, which we understand.
BJ is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old February 22nd, 2018, 12:22 AM
Quote:
At the moment, our devs are working to repair a few issues that are plaguing users such as a bug that breaks something when you try to change the game system
That is the greatest news for me since I'm one of those users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Lemur View Post

Quote:
Not that I can think of. They are aware of how important this is to us and will do what they can, they just have to take care of their own house before they can make time for ours, which we understand.

Reading about the CM over the decades I have gotten the impression that Paizo is more the reason for the delay. I am more than willing, BJ, to dig out my pitchfork, light my torch and march to their headquarters. Knowing the passion of my fellow pro-calendar peeps I'm sure we can get a decent size crowd to rival someone else's crowd size. Just give us the word, BJ.
ruhar is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 22nd, 2018, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhar View Post
That is the greatest news for me since I'm one of those users.
Hooray! So very sorry you've had to struggle with the bug, Ruhar.

Quote:
Reading about the CM over the decades I have gotten the impression that Paizo is more the reason for the delay. I am more than willing, BJ, to dig out my pitchfork, light my torch and march to their headquarters. Knowing the passion of my fellow pro-calendar peeps I'm sure we can get a decent size crowd to rival someone else's crowd size. Just give us the word, BJ.
Haha!! While I appreciate the offer of support and the amusing mental image, we've had plenty of our own delays over the years and I don't think that will help our partnership with them.

Besides, I'm not sure they have the strength to survive the Calendar Clan, that party is clearly epic level. Who would be left sane enough at Paizo to give us aid?!
BJ is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old February 22nd, 2018, 07:33 AM
Anyone who has tried to use Paizo's site recently knows they have their own problems. I assume they are in the midst of a full on site rebuild which I also assume will include fixing whatever is keeping LWD from getting the CM up and running.

If Paizo is the holdup and the CM will not launch without Paizo then that is how it will be, despite the fact I think it is a very bad idea. I do think LWD would be well served to move on to bug fixes and new features ASAP to bring in new customers and appease the existing customer base.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old February 22nd, 2018, 11:21 AM
yes, please

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #50 Reply With Quote