Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 7th, 2010, 07:27 AM
Don't think this is a bug so much as maybe a change done to accommodate the Bestiary and how Natural Attacks got changed. I have a custom race that has Horns(ie wGore) attack, but to make things easier for my players I had it listed 3 times for the race. The first one was listed as a Primary attack so no negative to hit and 1.5Str on damage. The 2nd listed as Secondary attack as I as didn't have the Helper.Primary on it was at -5H and 1/2Dmg. The final one was for the Powerful charge which was full to hit did double dice damage and at 1.5Str.

This use to all print out really nice on the character sheet, but after one of the last updates this is not the case anymore. It turns out that they are all considered primary attacks so no negative to hit unless a weapon is equipped. Is their some new Helper tags that can get me back to the way it was?

Do I have to make a custom wGore thing to make this work? Speaking of that where is wGore in the editor?

Thanks
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 11th, 2010, 09:31 AM
Here's the relevant sections of the FAQ for the 2.7 update (this is the FAQ that's available from the help menu):

Quote:
Bug Fixes
  • The default Primary/Secondary attack types for natural attacks, from the Bestiary, page 302, have been implemented.
  • If a character has natural attacks, and has equipped a manufactured weapon, the natural attack becomes secondary.
  • If a character has one one natural attack type, that attack becomes primary, regardless of the default.
  • If a character has only one natural attack (ex: Claws x2 would not count, but a Bite would), that attack gets x1.5 STR mod.
Data File Authoring
  • If a race's attacks differ from the default attack type, add the Helper.Primary tag to force them to be primary, and the Helper.NatOverSec tag to force them to be secondary. Existing races should not need to be changed, since they already applied the default Primary/Secondary state themselves.
Natural attacks in the editor are on my to-do list.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old May 11th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Helper.NatOverSec was what I missed. Will give that try tonight and see if it gives me what I am looking for.

Thanks
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
lortondm

Old May 31st, 2013, 10:53 PM
My basic question is how I change the natural weapon priority that the program is automatically assigning.

I have a homespun creature with a bite and two tentacle attacks. The program wants to make the bite primary and the tentacles secondary. But I'd like to flip that so the tentacles are primary and the bite is secondary.

This seemed to be the most relevant thread to my inquiry. But I went into the tags for tentacles and put in Helper in the Group Id box and Primary in the Tag Id box. And for the bite put in Helper in the Group Id box and NatOverSec in the Tag Id box. But I just got errors.

What am I doing wrong or is there a simpler way to do this? Thanks.
lortondm is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old June 2nd, 2013, 10:26 AM
Your on the right track and I just tested using those tags and it worked fine. So my guess is you put the tags on the wrong Thing. When you do have an error in HL you can "right click" on the error window and COPY it and paste it into your posts. That helps allot in trying to figure out what is wrong.

So on the "Race" tab you go to the "Natural Attacks" button and press EDIT. Then on the "wBite" thing you click on the "Tags" button and add the "Helper.NatOverSec". For the "wTentacle" Thing you click on "Tags" button and added "Helper.NatPrimary".

If you do that and then press "Test Now!" what happens?

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
lortondm

Old June 4th, 2013, 07:20 PM
It worked like a charm. I must have been sloppy and put them in the wrong place or misspelled something. Thanks again.
lortondm is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Jhalad

Old September 13th, 2019, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Your on the right track and I just tested using those tags and it worked fine. So my guess is you put the tags on the wrong Thing. When you do have an error in HL you can "right click" on the error window and COPY it and paste it into your posts. That helps allot in trying to figure out what is wrong.

So on the "Race" tab you go to the "Natural Attacks" button and press EDIT. Then on the "wBite" thing you click on the "Tags" button and add the "Helper.NatOverSec". For the "wTentacle" Thing you click on "Tags" button and added "Helper.NatPrimary".

If you do that and then press "Test Now!" what happens?
Still works like a champ! Layout is a bit cleaner now, but this was what I was looking for. Thanks!
Jhalad is offline   #7 Reply With Quote