Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Korlall

Old February 15th, 2018, 12:52 AM
I may buy a tablet soon (My first ever yeah!)

I was wondering if Realmwork has a tablet version.
If not, has anyone heard something this could be coming?

Thanks
Korlall is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old February 15th, 2018, 02:06 AM
No it does not work on tablets. Some people have got it running in a surface pro but I've heard of lots of crashes on them.

There is a YouTube video that shows the Web client working on a tablet. It's a few years old now though and the Web client has not been released or even really discussed in that time so nobody knows when that is coming.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Korlall

Old February 15th, 2018, 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
No it does not work on tablets. Some people have got it running in a surface pro but I've heard of lots of crashes on them.

There is a YouTube video that shows the Web client working on a tablet. It's a few years old now though and the Web client has not been released or even really discussed in that time so nobody knows when that is coming.
That's sad. I wish I could have Realmwork running on Tablet. Well, thank you for the answer
Korlall is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 15th, 2018, 05:15 AM
I've been running it on a Surface Pro 4 for a couple years now without issue.
Sendric is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old February 15th, 2018, 07:08 AM
I haven't tried but a Surface Pro is a full-blown computer in a dapper disguise running Windows so no reason why it shouldn't be able to run Realm Works.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old February 15th, 2018, 07:15 AM
"Tablet" is a form factor. RW is a Windows program and will run fine on Windows (non-RT or S) tablets. It won't run on Android or iOS tablets.

I use an ASUS Transformer T100, a netbook-level convertible tablet that originally came with Windows 8 but I've upgraded to Windows 10 over the years. RW runs on there, though it's not very fast. For the price and portability, though, I think it does rather well.

Last edited by Parody; February 15th, 2018 at 07:28 AM.
Parody is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old February 15th, 2018, 08:04 AM
I've seen RW run on a couple of different Windows tablets. I had one of the transformer style laptops for a while and it ran fine, if slowly, on it.

The biggest issues with RW on tablets would be the amount of RAM and the size of the SSD might limit you. However it is fairly easy, if expensive, to get more of both when buying a tablet.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old February 15th, 2018, 08:08 AM
Like Parody,
We utilize the same machine, not only for RW but hearolab as well at the gaming table. This give my players an electronic character sheet that does most the math for them. Saving adjustments for Raging Barbarians, Spell memorization, and gear changes.
And the cost for an Asus (compared to a fullblown laptop) is nominal for convenience.
Once LW finally gets passed the "content market", the two tools combined with promised features such as individual character reveal, consolidating PC Journals to the DM RealmWorks, and ehhhhem... calendars.... the tools will be far more usable together.

just my 2cp
DLG

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
joepacelli

Old February 15th, 2018, 09:54 AM
As others have said. RW runs fine on a laptop with windows. I myself purchased a Dell Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1. I got it with an i7, 8gb ram and a 256GB SSD. I can use it as a normal laptop for gaming when I'm a DM, and I also turn it into a tablet when I'm a player.
I've got no issue's with performance and have not been displeased in any way with it.
joepacelli is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Sauron

Old February 16th, 2018, 03:28 AM
I run realm works on my Pro-Surface 3 with no issues at all (apart from the very occasional slow syncing).
Sauron is offline   #10 Reply With Quote