Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

AEIOU

Old January 5th, 2017, 08:48 PM
We've never had to fix databases until last patch. So I reckon it's a one time gig. If it becomes an ongoing thing then it may be a valid request but I don't think it's really necessary, is it?

Report RealmWorks bugs here
Report Pathfinder HeroLab bugs here
Report 5e HeroLab bugs here
Report 5e HeroLab Community Pack bugs here
AEIOU is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old January 5th, 2017, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
We've never had to fix databases until last patch. So I reckon it's a one time gig. If it becomes an ongoing thing then it may be a valid request but I don't think it's really necessary, is it?
I kinda feel like I had to do it for the last two patches? But maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm confused. It's been known to happen.

Either way, if it's not going to be an ongoing thing, then no. It's not necessary.
EightBitz is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 5th, 2017, 09:30 PM
Database fixups are actually performed about every other release. They are usually done quietly and automatically so nobody knows. There were special circumstances with build 218 that required us to do things the way we did, and it was a one-time thing. We don't envision this becoming a recurring situation.

There will be more fixups with the next release, and they will again be done quietly and automatically when you first launch with the new version.
rob is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old January 5th, 2017, 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Database fixups are actually performed about every other release. They are usually done quietly and automatically so nobody knows. There were special circumstances with build 218 that required us to do things the way we did, and it was a one-time thing. We don't envision this becoming a recurring situation.

There will be more fixups with the next release, and they will again be done quietly and automatically when you first launch with the new version.
Thanks, Rob.
EightBitz is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Indus101

Old April 20th, 2020, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kate View Post
I never updated to build 218, but tried to update to 219 today.

When I try to do the database fixup on my realm, I get "Error deserializing span list" and Realm Works crashes.

I've sent an error report but I'm curious if anyone else is getting this error - and considering revering to an earlier Realm Works version since this is my main realm and I'll want to use it again shortly after the holidays.

EDIT: Husband has the player version and is getting "C++ Exception: Failed to locate lookup entry at line 1215 in file utility.cpp." I'm pretty sure the cloud version he's trying to access isn't fully updated if that would make a difference.
Interesting. I believe I was last on build 218 and am now trying to open up my realm with 254 (and tried 253 too) and getting this same error as Kate. I know this thread is 4+ years old, but this is the only other person I could find who's mentioned the

"Error deserializing span list"

Kate - don't suppose you are still around? And if so, did you figure out a fix?

Thanks
Indus101 is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old April 25th, 2020, 03:11 PM
Worst case try sending a bug report to LWD and hope they will fix it. RW is still being sold, so hopefully they are supporting such issues. But... why didn't you update earlier?

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #26 Reply With Quote