Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

koesherbacon

Old February 24th, 2020, 07:48 AM
Hi HeroLab. This is probably an easy question but due to Keyword Hell I can't seem to find the answer. I own a HeroLab license as well as many, many different addons. I saw in the FAQ that HLC license can be transferred over to HLO but I don't see instructions of how to do so. Do I just put in my license number into HLO?

What about all the different addons I already own? Will some of those transfer into additional content like the Bestiary, Lost Omens Players Guide, Lost Omens Gods & Magic, and/or Lost Omens World Guide? I'm guessing that I'll have to purchase those if I want to use them but it doesn't hurt to ask if they will be included or discounted like the HL license.

...And as well as I'm asking, there aren't any plans to port PF2 over to HLC is there? I only ask because my group and I use the PF Community Packs to accommodate several House Rules like giving my players a few extra feats when they make their characters for example. I'm guessing that neither PF2 will be available in HLC nor will the community packs be available in HLO. But, like I said, it can't hurt to ask.

Thanks a lot!

~ Ev
koesherbacon is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 24th, 2020, 08:04 AM
Currently, there is no transfer. HLC and HLO encompass disparate sets of games although I believe Lone Wolf had promised they can be ported for free in the future (although you'll still have to pay for a server subscription) should they be implemented. And, as of now, there are no plans to backport from HLO to HLC for Pathfinder 2.
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Itzi

Old February 25th, 2020, 09:07 AM
I don't remember LW ever saying that you would be able to port over other game systems for free. When/if ('when', 'when', 'when', please 'when') they bring the other systems over, they've said in the past that there would be a single nominal fee to transfer all your purchased data files over to HLO.
Itzi is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 25th, 2020, 09:41 AM
Hmm... I thought I remembered something, but maybe it was that fee situation.
Duggan is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old February 27th, 2020, 08:27 AM
According to their HLO FAQ, there will be a flat license transfer fee for all of your content to be available in the new HLO account. Then it will be the standard subscription cost. Though I remember Rob indicating in a post last year that there will be some sort of consideration/credit on the 1st year of HLO for existing HLC customers (maybe a free year, but can't find it right now).

https://www.wolflair.com/hero-lab-online-faq
Krothos is offline   #5 Reply With Quote