Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

wynlyndd

Old September 1st, 2019, 03:56 PM
Before I hop on the HLO train with PF2 (we are just exploring the system right now), What's the purchase model? As new books come out, we have to purchase them from Lone Wolf to use in HLO, yes? So I'd be buying it from Paizo then buying from Lone Wolf, yes? No judgment, just trying to understand what I may be getting myself into. I currently have Hero Lab "classic" for DnD5e.
wynlyndd is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old September 2nd, 2019, 08:49 AM
Yes, you'd need to buy the sources in Hero Lab. There is also a small fee to support their cloud infrastructure of $2ish per month. There's currently no discount for the Hero Lab sources if you've already bought the book from Paizo.
mototom is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
kildopan

Old September 4th, 2019, 07:01 AM
Just to clarify.

1. If I purchase the Lost Omen World Guide for HLO will I have to pay the $12.99 each year or only once?

2. Will this answer be the same for all additional add-on packages going forward?
kildopan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old September 4th, 2019, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kildopan View Post
Just to clarify.

1. If I purchase the Lost Omen World Guide for HLO will I have to pay the $12.99 each year or only once?

2. Will this answer be the same for all additional add-on packages going forward?
Just once, and they haven't started charging for the monthly access either.
Toblakai is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Lj Stephens
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 4th, 2019, 09:06 AM
Hello, Kildopan, Toblakai is correct. Once you purchase content, it is yours forever. The only yearly charge is $25 to keep the server running.
Lj Stephens is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
sparky77

Old September 9th, 2019, 12:26 PM
And though I know it's been asked before, may I add to this query by asking for a definitive position on licences which allow more than one person primary licence access?

My partner and I play a lot of Pathfinder, and now Pathfinder 2e. We relied heavily on HL Classic and found it reliable. My experience with HLO is limited, but it appears we both have to purchase exactly the same resources in order to use it.
I have no problem paying for additional use, this is a business, but it's common to have a cost effective multiple option. I'd like to know before deciding whether it's worth my taking out a second separate HLO licence.
sparky77 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Lj Stephens
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 9th, 2019, 01:08 PM
Hi Sparky77! We are planning to introduce group licenses, yes. Can't say when yet. Thanks for asking.
Lj Stephens is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old September 10th, 2019, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lj Stephens View Post
Hi Sparky77! We are planning to introduce group licenses, yes. Can't say when yet. Thanks for asking.
When my server access expires, I may renew it ... sometime in the future ... I can't say when.
EightBitz is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
wynlyndd

Old September 10th, 2019, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
When my server access expires, I may renew it ... sometime in the future ... I can't say when.
A bit snarky, eh?
wynlyndd is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old September 10th, 2019, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wynlyndd View Post
A bit snarky, eh?
How late were they on releasing Realm Works initially? After that, how long did it take them to release the content market? How many features, promised in the kickstarter, are not yet implemented in Realm Works? How much communication has there been about those issues? Now, people are waiting months for support tickets to get resolved. I've had one out for a few weeks. A couple weeks ago, I was told I would get periodic updates. Two weeks have gone by, and I've received no unsolicited updates. Last week, I asked, and I was told there had been no progress. This week, I asked again, and I've received no response yet.

We've been told for years that they're going to make efforts for better communication, and we've seen for years that their efforts continually fail. There's no roadmap. There are no timelines. There's no communication.

People who've voiced concerns about the stability and accessibility of an online platform for their gaming sessions have been answered with claims that the interface should be speedy because minimal information passes, and that the platform will be stable. Neither has been the case. The interface is sluggish, and there are regular unplanned outages.

During those outages, people are told to report them here, but when people report things here, they're told that those reports may not be seen and acted upon.

Sooo, where am I unjustified? How should I respond? "Here take my money?" No, thanks. Should I say nothing and pretend there are no issues? Situation normal? Nothing to see here? Move along, folks? What does that accomplish?

There are issues to resolve. Issues that are substantial enough to be called out and to justify me taking my money elsewhere. Issues that are continually neglected, ignored, dismissed or swept under the rug by LWD.

So, yeah.

Last edited by EightBitz; September 10th, 2019 at 03:50 PM.
EightBitz is offline   #10 Reply With Quote