Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

MintMMs

Old November 11th, 2015, 03:52 PM
I'm curious how the items for sale in the content marketplace will work. If I create a realm of just monsters, magic items or even temples for sale, will that be able to be imported into any other RW realm? Or will it come across as a standalone realm that isn't connected to what I've build elsewhere?

And is there a global rescan option to integrate all the goblin/healing potion/temple of Ra references to the new downloaded entries?
MintMMs is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 11th, 2015, 04:07 PM
We're planning to start officially answering the above questions - and a whole lot more - about the upcoming Content Market next month. So please stay tuned...
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
MintMMs

Old November 11th, 2015, 04:25 PM
Well, I'm negotiating with a company about converting their line of adventures to the marketplace and I need to know how much I will have to put in each adventure. Can I make a 'sub-realm' of background info common to each adventure or will I have to add it to each one?

If you can't answer yet, that's fine, but any hints would be helpful with getting things ready the right way up front.
MintMMs is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 11th, 2015, 04:39 PM
In that case, I recommend you contact Liz and either she'll get you the info you need or put you in touch with someone who can. You can PM her on the forums or email her (using her name at wolflair.com).
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
gamsOnline

Old November 13th, 2015, 08:54 AM
I would just urge Lone Wolf to release as much info on this as you can as soon as you can. This very question has dogged me through my entire Realm creation process only because I have not known how to correctly contain all my content within the various "sources" I have been creating. (Do I create a container within each content category so as to contain the data for that "module"...within my main Realm. If so, which container would best be suited? ie Events = "Events List" or "Storyline" as top level container for a specific and separate module within my Realm?)

I have watched probably 30 hours of every video online trying to figure out and piece this all together. It is not difficult to see how it all would work if your just creating a single story line / simple campaign with RW...but the more complex and honestly, more true to an actual homebrew type of gaming group situation...it has been a beast trying to organize it all correctly.

I feel like I have been trying to do algebra the past 3 months.
gamsOnline is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old November 13th, 2015, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
We're planning to start officially answering the above questions - and a whole lot more - about the upcoming Content Market next month. So please stay tuned...
Ohh, I'll be waiting antici.. pation.
ruhar is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 13th, 2015, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamsOnline View Post
I would just urge Lone Wolf to release as much info on this as you can as soon as you can. This very question has dogged me through my entire Realm creation process only because I have not known how to correctly contain all my content within the various "sources" I have been creating. (Do I create a container within each content category so as to contain the data for that "module"...within my main Realm. If so, which container would best be suited? ie Events = "Events List" or "Storyline" as top level container for a specific and separate module within my Realm?)

I have watched probably 30 hours of every video online trying to figure out and piece this all together. It is not difficult to see how it all would work if your just creating a single story line / simple campaign with RW...but the more complex and honestly, more true to an actual homebrew type of gaming group situation...it has been a beast trying to organize it all correctly.

I feel like I have been trying to do algebra the past 3 months.
@gamsOnline, are you talking about organizing content for use by YOU for your games, or talking about creating content that you want to sell down the line? @MintMMs was talking specifically about creating content to sell.

If you're creating content that you plan to use at your table, then all you need to worry about is creating the content so that it makes sense for you. There is no "right" or "wrong" way, though we make suggestions in our documentation. Many of the community members here can also make some suggestions.
liz is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old November 13th, 2015, 03:33 PM
Liz, please post the guidelines for everyone. It's not a right or wrong issue, it's a best practices and knowledge one.

My understanding of the Marketplace from the Kickstarter was that it would contain published material and other stuff. It's the other stuff that many of us are compiling and thinking of how we can make a few dollars with a handful of NPCs or a nice map or a populated inn or a one-off adventure to fill an hour of play or or or.... Or maybe we'll give it away because it will help the community. My understanding of the Marketplace was that every single person could publish their material for free or ask for payment. We ALL need the standard publishing guidelines. Even those that will never publish as the official guidelines are the official best practices.
AEIOU is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old November 13th, 2015, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
Liz, please post the guidelines for everyone. It's not a right or wrong issue, it's a best practices and knowledge one.

My understanding of the Marketplace from the Kickstarter was that it would contain published material and other stuff. It's the other stuff that many of us are compiling and thinking of how we can make a few dollars with a handful of NPCs or a nice map or a populated inn or a one-off adventure to fill an hour of play or or or.... Or maybe we'll give it away because it will help the community. My understanding of the Marketplace was that every single person could publish their material for free or ask for payment. We ALL need the standard publishing guidelines. Even those that will never publish as the official guidelines are the official best practices.
This.

Whether you are doing conversion of existing material for someone else or prepping your own material for possible future distribution it would be extremely helpful to have a single set of best practices.
kbs666 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 13th, 2015, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post

The "Best Practices" is the documentation, especially the Tips & Tricks PDF. There are some sections still outstanding, and we'll continue to update it as time allows. However, the documentation is and will continue to be the official "Best Practices."
liz is offline   #10 Reply With Quote