Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 15th, 2010, 02:54 PM
As I said, I added Elven Reflexes to a blank character, and the initiative went up by 2. What else on your character could be altering your initiative?

When I add human and Adopted to a blank character, Elven Reflexes shows up as a valid trait selection. What are you seeing?
Mathias is online now   #151 Reply With Quote
Eretas

Old November 15th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eretas View Post
It seem that specialized spells for wizard are not listed in the output. I have a specialyzed wizard with all the spell including the extra spell, but the extra spells are not listed ont the printout.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Where exactly in the output are you talking about?
It's the Output hero statblock / Plain text / copy
The +1/1 first level spell and +1/1 secodn level spell are not listed.

Quote:
YSHT'AAL CR 2
Male Tiefling Wizard 3
NN Medium Outsider (Native)
Init +3; Senses Darkvision (60 feet); Perception +1
--------------------
DEFENSE
--------------------
AC 17, touch 17, flat-footed 14 (+3 Dex)
hp 16 (3d6+3)
Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +5
Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5
--------------------
OFFENSE
--------------------
Spd 30 ft.
Melee Dagger -1 (1d4-2/19-20/x2) and
Unarmed Strike -1 (1d3-2/20/x2)
Spell-Like Abilities Darkness (1/day)
Wizard Spells Known (CL 3, -1 melee touch, 4 ranged touch):
2 (2/day) Scorching Ray, Scorching Ray, Scorching Ray
1 (3/day) Burning Hands (DC 15), Mage Armor, Shield, Sleep (DC 15)
0 (at will) Daze (DC 14), Read Magic, Detect Magic, Arcane Mark

--------------------
STATISTICS
--------------------
Str 7, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 19, Wis 12, Cha 10
Base Atk +1; CMB -1; CMD 16
Feats Scribe Scroll, Skill Focus: Bluff, Spell Focus: Conjuration, Wizard Weapon Proficiencies
Traits Birthmark, Looking for Work: Bluff
Skills Appraise +8, Bluff +12, Knowledge: Arcana +8, Knowledge: Local +9, Knowledge: Religion +8, Knowledge: The Planes +10, Linguistics +12, Profession: Gambler +5, Spellcraft +12, Stealth +7
Languages Abyssal, Common, Draconic, Elven, Infernal, Orc, Sylvan, Varisian
SQ Bonded Object: Ring (1/day) (Sp), Evocation, Force Missile (7/day) (Sp), Illusion, Intense Spells +1 (Su), Necromancy
Combat Gear Dagger; Other Gear Cloak of Resistance, +1, Ink (1 oz. vial, black), Ink (1 oz. vial, colored) (2), Inkpen, Parchment (sheet) (10), Ring, Spell component pouch, Spellbook, wizard's (blank)
--------------------
SPECIAL ABILITIES
--------------------
Birthmark +2 save vs. charm & compulsion
Bonded Object: Ring (1/day) (Sp) DC 20 + spell level to cast spells without the bonded object. Once per day, you can cast any spell in your spellbook for free.
Damage Resistance, Cold (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Cold attacks.
Damage Resistance, Electricity (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Electricity attacks.
Damage Resistance, Fire (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Fire attacks.
Darkness (1/day) (Sp) Darkness once per day.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
Evocation Evokers revel in the raw power of magic, and can use it to create and destroy with shocking ease.
Force Missile (7/day) (Sp) Magic Missile hits for 1d4+1
Illusion You must spend 2 slots to cast spells from the Illusion school.
Intense Spells +1 (Su) + 1/2 wizard level to spell damage (minimum +1).
Necromancy You must spend 2 slots to cast spells from the Necromancy school.
Spell Focus: Conjuration Spells from one school of magic have +1 to their save DC.

Created With Hero Lab® - try it for free at http://www.wolflair.com!
Eretas is offline   #152 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 15th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eretas View Post
It's the Output hero statblock / Plain text / copy
The +1/1 first level spell and +1/1 secodn level spell are not listed.
This has been previously reported, and is on my to-do list.
Mathias is online now   #153 Reply With Quote
Pezmerga

Old November 15th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Not sure whether it's been reported or not, but Monk's AC bonus is working while wearing armor currently. At least it was when I checked it by putting a Studded Leather on my monk.
Pezmerga is offline   #154 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 15th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezmerga View Post
Not sure whether it's been reported or not, but Monk's AC bonus is working while wearing armor currently. At least it was when I checked it by putting a Studded Leather on my monk.
Fixed in the next update, thanks for the report.
Mathias is online now   #155 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 15th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Quote:
The racial custom specials themselves appear on the special tab, and unlike custom class specials whose individual abilities might kick in at different levels, the racial custom specials are generally always going to be active.

They were never envisioned as needing to bootstrap other specials, so this wasn't checked. Is there really a need to add multiple abilities from a single choice?
Just a simplification thing really. I was making kobolds that are throwbacks to dragon ancestors, and the breath weapon they get is linked to their ancestry, so rather than making 5 races I made 1 which chooses the dragon via a racial custom special (which bootstrapped the racial ability for the correct breath weapon). It's not that big a deal, easily fixed with an eval script to undisable the racial ability/
Lawful_g is offline   #156 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 15th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Wouldn't there be 5 racial custom specials, then, one for each dragon race? Otherwise, you make the user choose the custom for throwback, then choose the dragon type - why not present them only one choice there?
Mathias is online now   #157 Reply With Quote
mbaum

Old November 15th, 2010, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Haste says "...increase by 30', to a maximum of twice the creature's normal speed using that form of movement."

The normal speed of a human is 30' , so haste could grant a maximum speed of 60'.
Page 170 of the pathfinder rule book gives you modified speed for encumbrance and armour. Yes the base speed of a human would become 60’ with haste but it should be modified to 40’ with heavy armour when in hero lab it sets it to 50’. A small race with a movement of 20’ and no armour would become 40’ with haste and hero lab figures it as 50’ as well and with heavy armour hero lab calculates it as 45’ when it should be 30’. At least that’s how I think it works.
mbaum is offline   #158 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old November 15th, 2010, 07:40 PM
When creating a new druid, I discovered the Druid Weapon Proficiencies feat doesn't include the scythe.
Sendric is offline   #159 Reply With Quote
rashidali

Old November 15th, 2010, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Could you point me to where you've seen that NPCs don't get favored class bonuses? Having entered all the NPCs from the GMG, I know that those NPCs all do get favored class bonuses, as do the classed NPCs from the Bestiary.
Hmm... OK it's just that the NPC building guide in the Core Rulebook doesn't mention the use of the favored class bonus in the building of the NPC listed there, but I guess in HL, you're actually building a character from the ground up instead of how they describe to build an NPC in the Core Rulebook.

I see one difference from the NPCs that Paizo builds to HL. The characters with class levels are getting the full HP for the class at level one when the creatures in the Bestiary are not getting the full hit points for a core/base class. I believe this is elsewhere as well, I did a random sampling in the GMG and it was like this. Example: Hobgoblin Fighter has 12 hp, while same stats and everything in HL will have 17 hp.

Last edited by rashidali; November 15th, 2010 at 09:28 PM.
rashidali is offline   #160 Reply With Quote