Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

rashidali

Old November 10th, 2010, 10:10 AM
I was looking to add all the dragons into HL, but have come across a problem. I would like to have the spells from the Bestiary examples entered automatically as per the entries from the Bestiary, but I'm not sure how to do this... I'd like to be able to add them, but also be able to change them if wanted.

Is there a way to do this in the editor?
rashidali is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 10th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Once you've made the dragon, make a stock portfolio that has the spells selected.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
rashidali

Old November 10th, 2010, 10:43 AM
Cool! Thanks!

But no way to set up to have pick the specific spells in the editor or anything?
rashidali is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 10th, 2010, 11:18 AM
BTW, the Campaign Setting: Dragons Revisited book will likely push the various dragon age categories closer to the top of my to-do list, since the book presents various pre-statted dragons of various age categories, so I'll hopefully get the time to add the dragon age categories myself in the near future.
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
rashidali

Old November 10th, 2010, 02:55 PM
The one released May of 2009? That's in 3.5 stats. Also it only has one dragon of each color listed in the book. Not too much there to tell you the truth, just a couple of feats.
rashidali is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 10th, 2010, 02:58 PM
It's a good excuse to get this added - they're requested often. The problem is that the dragons listed aren't always of the age categories statted out in the Bestiary, so if we're going to add the 3.5 statblocks as is (or update those statblocks to Pathfinder), we might as well add all the dragon age categories, rather than just the ones that are needed.
Mathias is online now   #6 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old November 10th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
It's a good excuse to get this added - they're requested often. The problem is that the dragons listed aren't always of the age categories statted out in the Bestiary, so if we're going to add the 3.5 statblocks as is (or update those statblocks to Pathfinder), we might as well add all the dragon age categories, rather than just the ones that are needed.
And this is why I love HL! Great company, great support!
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 10th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Wait until I actually get it done, not just promise it before you praise me. Other priorities might still rear their ugly heads and push this one back. Just that as long as it's more likely than not, it seems like a waste of Rashidali's time to add something that's probably coming in an official form (unless you need a specific dragon age category for a game this weekend or next weekend).
Mathias is online now   #8 Reply With Quote
rashidali

Old November 10th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Quote:
(unless you need a specific dragon age category for a game this weekend or next weekend).
This is the main reason I was doing this. I was going to run Red Hand of Doom and wanted to get the dragons stated up and it just kind of snowballed on my part. For now, I'll just do what I need. Thanks for the info.
rashidali is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old November 11th, 2010, 01:27 AM
Quote:
Wait until I actually get it done, not just promise it before you praise me. Other priorities might still rear their ugly heads and push this one back. Just that as long as it's more likely than not, it seems like a waste of Rashidali's time to add something that's probably coming in an official form (unless you need a specific dragon age category for a game this weekend or next weekend).
I don't need 'em anytime soon. I was mainly praising the mindset of 'might as well add them all instead of just the ones that are needed.'
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #10 Reply With Quote