Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

blaster219

Old July 9th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Okay, this is a weird one. On a character I'm working on at the moment, I can add an Alternate Effect to one of his powers (A multiple-effect power) but there is no way to add a second or third as the option to add an alternate effect is pushed off the button of the dialog (using a 1024x600 screen). Connecting an external monitor with a larger resolution reveals the hidden options.
blaster219 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Woodclaw

Old July 10th, 2011, 07:29 AM
I had similar issues with some alternate forms. If one add too many extra traits it becaem impossible to add additional powers.
Woodclaw is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Spence

Old July 10th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Could you increase screen resolution to get around it? I've seen similar things with other programs and worked around them temporarily by increasing my screen resolution. I haven't had the issue lately since I upgraded to a larger monitor though.

edit...I realize that blaster219 did this with an external monitor, but meant with the original monitor.
Spence is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
blaster219

Old July 10th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spence View Post
edit...I realize that blaster219 did this with an external monitor, but meant with the original monitor.
Unfortunately, my current netbook only seems to be able to display 1024x600 or 800x600. I'll be glad when my main one gets back from the shop (hopefully fixed) as its able to display 1300x768 and HL displays fine on that one.

As an addendum, I noticed today that when creating NPCs, the NPC Power Level Scaling buttons are off the bottom of the HL window also.
blaster219 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Spence

Old July 10th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaster219 View Post
Unfortunately, my current netbook only seems to be able to display 1024x600 or 800x600.
Ah..

I don't have a netbook so I haven't had any experience there. My fix worked for my laptop and an old desktop. I'm waiting for them to work out (or maybe clearly define) the limitations on netbooks and tablets before I jump in.

Don't get me wrong, I believe that the netbook/tablet are the future of portable devices, I just don't think they are there just yet
Spence is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 31st, 2011, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the bug report - I should be able to make sure the alternate effects don't "fall off" the bottom of the screen like this.
Colen is offline   #6 Reply With Quote