Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

DeadOrc

Old July 7th, 2016, 12:19 PM
Hi,

Do you know if theres any D&D 5e realms in the works?

-Richard
DeadOrc is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old July 7th, 2016, 01:09 PM
Your question is...broad. Anything specific you are seeking?
AEIOU is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
DeadOrc

Old July 8th, 2016, 10:18 AM
I'm looking for any preset adventures that are orientated to the D&D 5e world.
DeadOrc is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old July 8th, 2016, 12:41 PM
As I haven't heard that the HL license has not been upgraded to include the whole 5e enchillada, I do not at this time anticipate any official 5e adventures for RW.

And nothing has been announced regarding 3rd party 5e adventures to my knowledge.
AEIOU is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old July 9th, 2016, 08:54 PM
I would hope (assume) that they are working to have a 5e SRD package ready for the early stages of release. Not realm but it would be a start.

Will be interesting to see how sharing of realms works. I'm sure quite a few of us have content that other's would be interesting in seeing.
daplunk is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 11th, 2016, 10:42 AM
We've already announced that Realm Works will support the 5e SRD.

It's important to understand what this means. The SRD is not the entirety of the D&D 5E game system.

Quote:
From the Hero Lab explanation

What’s Included?

The D&D 5th Edition SRD game system in Hero Lab includes everything in the official SRD, such as races and their traits, character classes and class features, spells, equipment, magic items, and other character creation necessities. It also includes all the monsters and DM mechanics outlined in the SRD.

Importantly, the SRD differs from the rules presented in the Player’s Handbook, Dungeon’s Master’s Guide, and Monster Manual. It omits certain options that appear in the full rulebooks (e.g. certain spells, feats, etc.), so those options can’t be included in Hero Lab. Thankfully the free D&D 5E Community Pack provides all the missing pieces that you’re looking for. (Get it today!)
Like Hero Lab, in Realm Works there will be an SRD package available for purchase that omits some of the spells, feats, and so on from the full rules. It's possible that a similar free community package will fill in the holes for Realm Works as well, but that won't be available initially (as community publishing won't be available in the initial 1.0 launch of the Content Market).

As for premade 5th edition-oriented realms and adventures, I am not sure. Any of the official WotC adventures would need a license that we don't have yet, and I'm not certain any 3rd party adventures have been announced. It's definitely our intention (as stated in the original announcement) to use the SRD to allow us to work with publishers to offer D&D 5th Edition adventures, settings, and more. But that will depend on there being 3rd party content to offer.

Hope this helps!
Joe is offline   #6 Reply With Quote