Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

JazzIsBlues

Send a message via Skype™ to JazzIsBlues

Old October 11th, 2011, 04:18 PM
I want to create a feat for Pathfinder that comes originally from the "Book of Exalted Deeds" in D&D 3.5. The feat is called "Intuitive Attack" and basically allows a wisdom based character to use their wisdom modifier instead of their strength modifier for melee attacks. Much the same way that Weapon Finesse works. I've created the feat, but it isn't affecting the attack bonus on the character sheet.

Recommendations?

I'm a software developer so you won't frighten me with technical details I just need to know where to modify the feat so it does what I need it to do.

Thanks

JiB

Carpe Cerevisium
Play it in the key of G Demolished
JazzIsBlues is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 11th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Here's an existing thread discussing changing the attribute modifier for attacks:

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...hlight=archery
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Greymore

Old February 14th, 2012, 09:37 PM
I looked at the other thread and I am sad to say I still don't get it. I admit scripting is not my thing, but I can usually read and follow directions easily enough, even if they are complicated. This just isn't the case this time.

If anyone can help me with a simple adjustment/replacement I can use for the Intuitive Attack (just change the modifier to be from Wisdom instead of from Dex) I would be grateful.

Here is the Eval Script from Weapon Finesse:

~ If we're disabled, do nothing
doneif (tagis[Helper.FtDisable] <> 0)

perform hero.assign[Hero.Finesse]

See the problem to me is it seems so simple, lol, yet I just don't know how it pulled from Dexterity like this and how to redirect it to Wisdom.

Thanks to anyone that responds with a fix. I am sure it will hit me like a ton of bricks when I see it properly done.
Greymore is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 15th, 2012, 02:37 PM
The thread that Mathias linked above if you look at the very last post it lists a working script to do what you wish. Then post #8 also shows what should be the correct timing for the script.

The Weapon Finesse feat script is just setting a tag and then HL in the background is taking care of the using dex instead of Str. So that script is not that helpful in figuring out what to do.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Greymore

Old February 21st, 2012, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the help here. I appreciate the fast and friendly response! All is working now. Loving this program so far and my group is wondering how we ever went without this for this long, lol.

Cheers!
Greymore is offline   #5 Reply With Quote