Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Nikmal

Old October 31st, 2013, 12:47 AM
Mathias or Colen,
My wife and I share licenses because we both use all of our computers in the house and office computers at various times. Right now we have the max 4 licenses and we BOTH use Hero Lab on the iPad too... is it a possibility to increase the license max limit to 6 instead of 5. so people like me and my wife?

We both run games and such and we have all the Pathfinder add-ons thus far and could not see purchasing Hero Lab for the both of us using separate license systems... I hope this is ok?

Last edited by Nikmal; November 1st, 2013 at 12:38 AM.
Nikmal is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 31st, 2013, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilkele View Post
Thank you liz for the answers

I have two more questions:

1. Will you still support the free HL character sheet app and will it have dropbox support?
Yes, the free character viewer app will always be available, and Dropbox support for it is planned for the near future.
Colen is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
JimmXinu

Old October 31st, 2013, 12:09 PM
Hi, I used the iPad HL app for the first time last weekend while playing Pathfinder and I had few issues with it that I wanted to ask about.

I'm using app version 4.2.3(#10375). (If there's a more appropriate place to ask, please let me know.)
  • I can't find scrolls anywhere in the app. I'd expect them to show up in 'Gear & Charges Used'.
  • Temporary HP isn't terribly well supported. I found two ways to do it: 1) add an Other Adjustment, apply it and then remove it after the temp HP are used. 2) Add a Spell Adjustment for one of the False Life spells (I didn't find that until just now). That works a little better, but you have to manually reduce the size of the adjustment after using the temp HP. At least that's explained in the adjustment description.
  • The description that comes up for all of my wands is "Add this item to create a wand of the chosen spell."
  • For my multiclass Bard/Sorcerer, spell descriptions show the calculated DC incorrectly for some spells that appear on both classes' spell lists. The problem is shared with the desktop app. A similar problem exists for Rings & Pages of Spell Knowledge.
  • It would be very nice if the spell ranges were calculated when shown in the spell descriptions. I'd love to see that in the desktop app & printed sheets, too.
JimmXinu is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Golo

Old November 1st, 2013, 03:14 PM
I'm using the latest version 4.2.3 10375 and portfolios are not importing correctly on the iPad air. Lots of information seems to be missing weapon profs armor profs spell casting classes and levels. I don't see this problem on the iPad 2 or iPad 4. The problem exists on the built in icons as well as imported portfolios.
Golo is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 2nd, 2013, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golo View Post
I'm using the latest version 4.2.3 10375 and portfolios are not importing correctly on the iPad air. Lots of information seems to be missing weapon profs armor profs spell casting classes and levels. I don't see this problem on the iPad 2 or iPad 4. The problem exists on the built in icons as well as imported portfolios.
Golo, can you please email a couple of the portfolios that are running into the problem to support@wolflair.com for us to take a look at? It'd also really help if you could include the text of the error messages you're getting (you should be able to copy and paste them into the email).

Thanks, and sorry to hear you're having problems with Hero Lab!
liz is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
gautrau

Old November 2nd, 2013, 12:35 PM
Is there any way to change to save frequency on the iPad app? I use HL to GM and find it very frustrating that the app seems to save every 2-3 minutes which eats up time when I'm trying to run combats.
gautrau is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Golo

Old November 3rd, 2013, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz View Post
Golo, can you please email a couple of the portfolios that are running into the problem to support@wolflair.com for us to take a look at? It'd also really help if you could include the text of the error messages you're getting (you should be able to copy and paste them into the email).

Thanks, and sorry to hear you're having problems with Hero Lab!
I have sent in the portfolios, but I have the same problem with the iconic characters the app comes with.

Basically if you look in the validation window they are errors on the following
Bard: In the editor, you must set the max limit of this class to be a non-zero value. You should set it to be the number of levels the class can go up to.
Fighter: In the editor, you must set the max limit of this class to be a non-zero Value. You should set it to be the number of levels the class can go up to.
Golo is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 5th, 2013, 08:23 AM
We have an update! The problem has been isolated on the new iPad Air and we have submitted a fix to the iPad app store (THANKS COLEN!)! It will hopefully be available in the next few days, but it all depends on how many apps Apple has to review. Stay tuned!
liz is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 6th, 2013, 03:30 PM
The app is updated and available on the iTunes store. This update should fix the problems users have been encountering on the iPad Air, and in time for weekend games.

If anyone encounters further issues, please submit bug reports to support@wolflair.com.
liz is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
harmor

Old November 8th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Yes, the free character viewer app will always be available, and Dropbox support for it is planned for the near future.
A little change occured recently that left off the file extension when you "Email Portfoilio." The work around is to email it to yourself like normal and then click on the file in your email to download it and when prompted open in Dropbox.

Add ".por" to the file name to upload to Dropbox. Then click on the file to download and "Open In..." (top right box with arrow button), in Herolab App.
harmor is offline   #30 Reply With Quote