Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 2nd, 2011, 04:04 PM
Hi everyone,

We've recently firmed up our plans for near-term Pathfinder updates, including Ultimate Magic, and we'd like to share those with everyone so you know what to expect in the run-up to PaizoCon.

Ultimate Magic includes a significant amount of new content, including new archetypes, feats, and a major new mechanic, Words of Power. Unfortunately, given the volume of new material and how we received the final version of the book just over a week ago, we are not going to be able to release an Ultimate Magic update on the book's release date.

Instead, we are planning an update that includes the Ultimate Magic package sometime between the book's release date and PaizoCon (likely late May / early June). However, we aren't confident that all of the new mechanics, like Words of Power, will be ready for release at that point. We'll do our best, but Words of Power may slip to a follow-up release, a few weeks after PaizoCon.

Another new book, the Rival Guide, also releases later this month. Since Ultimate Magic is going to be such a must-have book for many players, we're concentrating our efforts on UM for now. Once we have the Ultimate Magic content finalized, we'll switch our focus back to the Rival Guide for a near-future update.

Also, a reminder - we'll be at PaizoCon showing off the upcoming Mac version of Hero Lab, so if you're planning to be at the show, drop by our booth to say hi!

I hope this helps answer any questions you had about our upcoming release schedule. See you at PaizoCon!

Last edited by Colen; May 2nd, 2011 at 04:08 PM.
Colen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
blzbob
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 2nd, 2011, 05:36 PM
That's awesome. I don't mind getting the book(s) released in chunks. You guys are working hard and it's something I don't want to do so keep it up. I'll wait patiently.
blzbob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Tyrannofex

Old May 2nd, 2011, 06:50 PM
Transparency and early communication demonstrate good product marketing and excellent customer service. Kudos for keeping us in the loop.
Tyrannofex is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Virtue

Old May 2nd, 2011, 08:50 PM
Any idea on the cost so i can budget it ill be buying it just want to see how much money to put aside
Virtue is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 3rd, 2011, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtue View Post
Any idea on the cost so i can budget it ill be buying it just want to see how much money to put aside
As one of the core PFRPG sourcebooks, Ultimate Magic will be $9.99. That's the price point we'll generally be using for those books in future - those books take a lot of work for us to implement, especially when you add new mechanics like Words of Power, etc.
Colen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
johngamermage

Send a message via Yahoo to johngamermage

Old May 3rd, 2011, 09:14 AM
To the pawn shop.

Quote:
“I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.”
~Bruce Lee
johngamermage is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Virtue

Old May 3rd, 2011, 09:38 AM
Cool that is a very fair price
Virtue is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
chava

Old May 3rd, 2011, 11:42 AM
Very fair price. And I also don't mind if it has to be released in parts, since it does seem like a great deal of mechanics (and new conditions...)
chava is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ase1972

Old May 11th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Seems to me that the Project Manager at Lone Wolf for Pathfinder should have been contacting Paizo to get daily/weekly updates for this supplement as they were finalized and sent to the printers.

While the additional time is not that long, just seems like we should be able to get the updates the day the book becomes available if not the day before.
ase1972 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Thazar

Old May 11th, 2011, 11:57 AM
I am sure that the Paizo folks are running right up against the deadline for their info to be sent to the printers and they as well as Lone Wolf have better things to do then ping each other asking "Is it done yet? Is this the final version?" We have the playtest info loaded as is and will be receiving the full game over a short period of time.

They are two separate companies here and the street date for a book is not required to be the street date for the software portion related to that book. Feel free to enter the data with the community if you need it done in real time... myself I will be happy to wait a modest amount of time for an official version that lets me do other things with my valuable time.

Just my opinion and I am sure others will have different ones.
Thazar is offline   #10 Reply With Quote