Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

shieldknight

Old November 5th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Found that when you hover over the ? on Sleight of Hand, it mentions opposed Spot checks instead of Perception.
shieldknight is offline   #61 Reply With Quote
Jagyr Ebonwood

Old November 5th, 2010, 08:58 PM
When selecting a spider as a familiar, the +3 to Climb isn't being calculated into the master's skills. Don't know if this is happening with every familiar-granted bonus, or just the spider.
Jagyr Ebonwood is offline   #62 Reply With Quote
Jim.DiGriz

Old November 5th, 2010, 09:31 PM
I noticed this with regard to the monkey and Acrobatics when looking over a friend's new witch character. After thinking about it for a bit, I concluded that the bonuses are probably considered circumstantial since they depend on the familiar being within a mile of its master, and so are not automatically added to the skill. Likewise the alertness bonus feat for having the familiar within arm's reach is also not automatically included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagyr Ebonwood View Post
When selecting a spider as a familiar, the +3 to Climb isn't being calculated into the master's skills. Don't know if this is happening with every familiar-granted bonus, or just the spider.
Jim.DiGriz is offline   #63 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 5th, 2010, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim.DiGriz View Post
I noticed this with regard to the monkey and Acrobatics when looking over a friend's new witch character. After thinking about it for a bit, I concluded that the bonuses are probably considered circumstantial since they depend on the familiar being within a mile of its master, and so are not automatically added to the skill. Likewise the alertness bonus feat for having the familiar within arm's reach is also not automatically included.
So just tested this with a new wizard and it is working. My take is you are missing the setting from the "In-Play" tab to tell HL that your familiar is "Within Arms Reach" or not. Once I clicked that the skill bonuses showed correctly.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #64 Reply With Quote
Jim.DiGriz

Old November 6th, 2010, 05:36 AM
Yep, that was the problem. Thanks!
Jim.DiGriz is offline   #65 Reply With Quote
JimGroves

Old November 6th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Delete post please! I thought I saw a bug, but it was actually conditional situation and was treated accordingly.

Last edited by JimGroves; November 6th, 2010 at 02:31 PM.
JimGroves is offline   #66 Reply With Quote
rashidali

Old November 6th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Goblins and Hobgoblins are getting Stealth as a class skill when they have a character class. However based on the Bestiary for Humanoids they should be getting whatever class skills their class gives them.

Also based on the creation guidelines for NPCs, they don't necessarily get a favored class bonus. Would you be able to put an option to disable favored classes for NPCs. I only ask this due to the fact that none of Paizo's NPCs seem to have any sort of favored class bonus as well as the example given in the Core Rulebook doesn't mention the favored class bonus. HL is automatically giving a favored class bonus to whatever class I choose. I know I can choose another class for the favored class, but can get tedious when making multiple NPCs.

In the Output Active Hero Statblock, if a character has a weapon that can be used as both melee and ranged (such as a dagger), only the melee attack bonus shows up.

Last edited by rashidali; November 6th, 2010 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Added goblins and statblock info
rashidali is offline   #67 Reply With Quote
JimGroves

Old November 6th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Shuriken don't seem to be adding in the strength bonus. They are thrown weapons (albeit with some properties of ammo). However in terms of damage, they fall on the side of being thrown weapons.

Page 141, left column, under Thrown weapons lists them and verifies that Strength Bonus applies.

Unless this has been errata'd. I'm betting it hasn't, but you never know.

Edit: Actually I'm not quite sure what is happening with this. I have a monk with a +2 Strength modifier who in (HeroLabs) is getting 1d2+1. So HeroLabs is giving him some kind of damage bonus, but not the full one. I can't follow why not.

Last edited by JimGroves; November 6th, 2010 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Additional thought
JimGroves is offline   #68 Reply With Quote
JimGroves

Old November 6th, 2010, 08:18 PM
This will probably be a small headache for Mathias. My regrets in advance.

Animal companions appear to be retaining their racial modifiers based upon an equivelent animal in the Bestiary. For example: if a 1st level Druid takes a lion animal companion, that animal companion (in HeroLabs) is receiving +4 in acrobatics and +4 conditional modifier for stealth in undergrowth.

This is a no no. Animal Companions do not receive racial modifiers like their Bestiary analogs.

Here is the documented answer from Paizo Creative Director James Jacobs (just to verify)

http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards...hThis&page=1#8

And copied here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Jacobs
As written, an animal companion gains ONLY the abilities that are listed in its animal companion stat block and the basic rules for animal companions. This does mean that an animal companion doesn't gain the various racial skill modifiers a normal animal of its kind gets; if the normal animal has bonus feats, the animal companion doesn't get them either. Animal companions are different than normal animals, after all, and are built using different rules.
JimGroves is offline   #69 Reply With Quote
Theocrat

Send a message via Skype™ to Theocrat

Old November 6th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Something that I noticed - and am not sure if its being recorded correctly - if you are using a military saddle - how do I know if that goes on the gear of the animal or if it goes on the gear of the PC? I really like the little hammer icon that tells me that I"m using a tool - and would like to see this too for ride skill.

Theocrat Issak
Las Vegas Lodge Gaming Agent
PFSTheocrat@gmail.com
Theocrat is offline   #70 Reply With Quote