Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

GoldenBlue

Old October 30th, 2014, 08:30 PM
So my character is a Half-Orc Warblade at level 4. He should have no special bonuses to his Reflex Save except that granted by the Battle Clarity class feature. His Int is 14 (+2) and his Dex is 16 (+3) so by my (admittedly often flawed math) his Reflex save should be 6 = 1 (from the warblade class table) + 3 (dex mod) + 2 (granted by Battle Clarity). The software is reporting 8. Perhaps the software is adding his warblade level [4] to the Ref save instead of min(IntMod [2], WarbladeClassLevel [4])?

Let me know if I'm crazy and a fix if you can,

Thanks!
GoldenBlue is offline   #301 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old November 1st, 2014, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBlue View Post
So my character is a Half-Orc Warblade at level 4. He should have no special bonuses to his Reflex Save except that granted by the Battle Clarity class feature. His Int is 14 (+2) and his Dex is 16 (+3) so by my (admittedly often flawed math) his Reflex save should be 6 = 1 (from the warblade class table) + 3 (dex mod) + 2 (granted by Battle Clarity). The software is reporting 8. Perhaps the software is adding his warblade level [4] to the Ref save instead of min(IntMod [2], WarbladeClassLevel [4])?

Let me know if I'm crazy and a fix if you can,

Thanks!
Yep. It's a bug. If you open the Tome of Battle user file and find Battle Clarity in the Class Special tab, you can change that last line of the eval script to this:

Code:
#applybonus[BonInsight, hero.child[vRef], bonus]
That should resolve it. Thanks for the report.
Sendric is offline   #302 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old November 1st, 2014, 12:54 PM
Ok here is a quick list of the MM1 monsters that have feat issues that are used for Summon Monster I and II.
All seem to have Unarmed Strike even if they have claws. Is this a hard coded item?

Badger supposed to have Track, Weapon Finesse. Has Track, Weapon Finesse, and Agile.

Monkey supposed to have Weapon Finesse. Has Weapon Finesse and Agile.

Owl supposed to have Weapon Finesse. Has Weapon Finesse and Alertness.

Hawk supposed to have Weapon Finesse. Has Weapon Finesse and Alertness.

Raven supposed to have Weapon Finesse. Has Weapon Finesse and Alertness.

Small Viper Snake supposed to have Weapon Finesse. Has Weapon Finesse and Improved Initiative.

Eagle supposed to have Weapon Finesse. Has Weapon Finesse and Alertness.

Medium Viper Snake supposed to have Weapon Finesse. Has Weapon Finesse and Improved Initiative.

Wolf supposed to have Track and Weapon Focus Bite. Has Track and no Feats available. When Weapon Focus Bite added the Weapon Focus Bite added twice bootstrap issue.

I'll go through and find the rest later and post them too.
Bloodwolf is offline   #303 Reply With Quote
GoldenBlue

Old November 2nd, 2014, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Yep. It's a bug. If you open the Tome of Battle user file and find Battle Clarity in the Class Special tab, you can change that last line of the eval script to this:

Code:
#applybonus[BonInsight, hero.child[vRef], bonus]
That should resolve it. Thanks for the report.
Yep, that fixed it. Thanks again Sendric! However you didn't let me know if I am crazy
GoldenBlue is offline   #304 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old November 2nd, 2014, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBlue View Post
Yep, that fixed it. Thanks again Sendric! However you didn't let me know if I am crazy
Aren't we all just a little crazy?
Sendric is offline   #305 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old November 6th, 2014, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwolf View Post
Ok here is a quick list of the MM1 monsters that have feat issues that are used for Summon Monster I and II.
All seem to have Unarmed Strike even if they have claws. Is this a hard coded item?
Everyone gets Unarmed Strike. It's hard-coded. For animals, I usually just ignore it.

Quote:
Badger supposed to have Track, Weapon Finesse. Has Track, Weapon Finesse, and Agile.

Monkey supposed to have Weapon Finesse. Has Weapon Finesse and Agile.

Owl supposed to have Weapon Finesse. Has Weapon Finesse and Alertness.

Hawk supposed to have Weapon Finesse. Has Weapon Finesse and Alertness.

Raven supposed to have Weapon Finesse. Has Weapon Finesse and Alertness.

Small Viper Snake supposed to have Weapon Finesse. Has Weapon Finesse and Improved Initiative.

Eagle supposed to have Weapon Finesse. Has Weapon Finesse and Alertness.

Medium Viper Snake supposed to have Weapon Finesse. Has Weapon Finesse and Improved Initiative.
So I just looked into this. According to the errata, this is correct. All of these animals (plus a few others) obtained Weapon Finesse without having the proper pre-requisite. The errata indicates that because of this, Weapon Finesse should be treated as a bonus feat (so that it can ignore the pre-req) and then they each gain an additional feat, as you've pointed out.

Quote:
Wolf supposed to have Track and Weapon Focus Bite. Has Track and no Feats available. When Weapon Focus Bite added the Weapon Focus Bite added twice bootstrap issue.

I'll go through and find the rest later and post them too.
Probably the same issue where the bootstrapped weapon has the Weapon Focus tag applied. There's no way to force a selection when bootstrapping a feat, which is why I suspect the original author did this. It probably makes sense to have the player select the appropriate weapon, though so I'll make the correction.

Update: I can't force the selection, but I can limit it. Seems like a reasonable solution here.

Last edited by Sendric; November 6th, 2014 at 05:34 AM.
Sendric is offline   #306 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 6th, 2014, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Probably the same issue where the bootstrapped weapon has the Weapon Focus tag applied. There's no way to force a selection when bootstrapping a feat, which is why I suspect the original author did this. It probably makes sense to have the player select the appropriate weapon, though so I'll make the correction.

Update: I can't force the selection, but I can limit it. Seems like a reasonable solution here.
Are you using a custom version of Weapon Focus? I fixed Weapon Focus two versions back to support the "Target.?" tag which allows you to set the target of the weapon focus when you bootstrap. So just looked and the CORE wolf has Weapon Focus - Bite when selected.

XML example:
Code:
    <bootstrap thing="fWepFoc">
      <autotag group="Target" tag="wBite"/>
      </bootstrap>

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #307 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old November 7th, 2014, 04:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Are you using a custom version of Weapon Focus? I fixed Weapon Focus two versions back to support the "Target.?" tag which allows you to set the target of the weapon focus when you bootstrap. So just looked and the CORE wolf has Weapon Focus - Bite when selected.

XML example:
Code:
    <bootstrap thing="fWepFoc">
      <autotag group="Target" tag="wBite"/>
      </bootstrap>
Neat. I wasn't aware of this. Maybe if I was better at reading documentation...

Thanks for the info. I'll have to test this out. It will certainly make things much easier.
Sendric is offline   #308 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old November 15th, 2014, 06:38 AM
This may have already been brought up, but we have a bug with things stacking that shouldnt.

For example, I do an adjustment, Armor Class (deflection to a character who already has a ring of protection +2, and they stack. they shouldnt. I did this adjustment to simulate a protection from evil spell.

I tested this by doing two different deflection bonuses as well, both on adjustments... and they stack.
mirtos is offline   #309 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old November 16th, 2014, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirtos View Post
This may have already been brought up, but we have a bug with things stacking that shouldnt.

For example, I do an adjustment, Armor Class (deflection to a character who already has a ring of protection +2, and they stack. they shouldnt. I did this adjustment to simulate a protection from evil spell.

I tested this by doing two different deflection bonuses as well, both on adjustments... and they stack.
I believe this is actually intended. An adjustment is meant to take your existing deflection AC and change it however you wish. What we really need is more spell adjustments, which wouldn't stack. I'll add this to the to-do list.
Sendric is offline   #310 Reply With Quote