Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

LoyalGamer

Old April 29th, 2020, 10:20 AM
I am getting this error in the Validation report and have no idea what it means or how to fix it. Any suggestions?
LoyalGamer is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 29th, 2020, 10:40 AM
On the Settings tab, scroll down about half-way, until you see the "Starting Level" group. There should be exactly one selection in that group. There was a bug back a few months ago that let users un-select things without forcing a new selection, so it's possible that this was created at that point. If so, hopefully you can now select one of those options and get it working.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
LoyalGamer

Old April 29th, 2020, 01:22 PM
Thank you. It looks good now.
LoyalGamer is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
LDD

Old June 14th, 2020, 02:02 PM
I started getting this message for a character that was otherwise valid. I'm not sure what changed. (The message is a bit opaque, so it's hard to guess what's really wrong.) Starting level is 1, 3000 earned xp taking it to 4. There are no other errors reported by the interface.

I can't follow the solution in the previous response, as I'm not sure what it's referring to. Perhaps the Settings menu has changed. (By "Settings menu", I mean the gear icon in the upper right when viewing a character: Generate Statblock, Print, About Hero Labs, Release Notes, etc -- but no Starting Level group.))
LDD is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old June 14th, 2020, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDD View Post
I can't follow the solution in the previous response, as I'm not sure what it's referring to.
Settings is in the Character group in the list on the left side. (Right above the Classes group heading.)

Parody is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
LDD

Old June 15th, 2020, 12:00 PM
Thanks!

I did find that section, where "Always Start at 1st Level" had somehow become unchecked. (In my case, it's the only possible option, as the other two are Purchase Required.) Checking that button cleared the error.
LDD is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
dacoobob

Old June 17th, 2020, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDD View Post
"Always Start at 1st Level" had somehow become unchecked. (In my case, it's the only possible option, as the other two are Purchase Required.) Checking that button cleared the error.
Same here, thanks Mathias!
dacoobob is offline   #7 Reply With Quote