Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 11th, 2010, 09:36 AM
There needs to be one list for the spellbook spells gained through leveling up (inlcluding a few extras at 1st level and the 2/level after that) - that list needs to figure out how many spells in that spellbook could have been applied to each level of spells (or lower) and enforce those limits, so that you can create a 10th level Wizard and see how many spells you could have in your spellbook of each spell level if you had followed the rules at each level.

There'll be a second list for the spells gained from outside sources.

(So, two different spellbook buttons on the class tab, or two separate tables on the form that pops up once you press the spellbook button)

Outside of the class tab, those lists will be displayed as a single list, because after they're gained, it doesn't matter how they were gained.

There will also be a found/borrowed spellbook item that can pop up a form where users can specify which spells are in that spellbook, and those need to interact properly with the spell preparation mechanisms (displaying the DC needed to Prepare that spell).

Some people have also asked for tracking all the spells a character knows by the specific spellbook, so that if you lose one spellbook but not the other, you know what you still have.

All of these have been on my to-do list for a while, but implementing them is a large project, and I haven't had the time to do so.
Mathias is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
MToscan

Send a message via ICQ to MToscan Send a message via MSN to MToscan

Old November 12th, 2010, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Some people have also asked for tracking all the spells a character knows by the specific spellbook, so that if you lose one spellbook but not the other, you know what you still have.
I'd really like this one.

Also starting wizard spells would be a nice add in my opinion, as would random gp generation for starting characters using the default system (5d4x10 gp etc.).
MToscan is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Shayd3000

Old November 12th, 2010, 08:47 AM
That's why I said "warning message" - I'm not sure it's possible, nor practical to differentiate when a character is newly created vs ongoing. Of course, you make it a warning only on characters with 0 experience points.

After reading Mathias' message (posted while I was posting this) I oike his idea better

Member: Amorphous Blob Games

Last edited by Shayd3000; November 12th, 2010 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Mathias clarified while I was posting
Shayd3000 is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old November 12th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonladytoo View Post
Problem with that is that you are assuming that 1st level characters will not come across additional spells (via spell books or scrolls) until they are 2nd level.

It is common for characters to purchase or capture scrolls and spell books throughout their illustrious careers.

Spell books represent what you have, not what you start with, just as gold and equipment is not limited to what you start with, but rather what you have acquired.
I mentioned in my posting that the spellbook would just show what is allowed at the start of each level, then what you add during the leveling process is adjustable after the fact. I am well aware of the fact that a Wizard both buys and acquires spells and scrolls as such after the fact
Nikmal is offline   #14 Reply With Quote