Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Rone

Old January 1st, 2019, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chumblybjm View Post
Umm feel the pain too. I once dropped a handful of metal screws on a powerd live motherboard of a 20000 $US computer..Umm it was interesting in a Glorious Fourth Sort of Way...

My boss decided to spend the money for a tech to rebuild the motherboard( with soldering iron in hand) even though it cost more in labor and parts than replacing it new... Some comment to me about "You wreck the damn car.. You drive the damn wreck"
WOW. And Ouch!

Boss: "I just want you to look at what you did to yourself... to me... to the company..."

You: "So I guess I have to look... every day?"

Boss: "Every ding dang day. I'd ship this computer back and forth to your home over the weekend if our company had any money left in the budget after your pelt-the-motherboard-with-steel act."

"Got it."

"Do you?"

"Oh, I do. I do got it."
Rone is offline   #711 Reply With Quote
Kairos
Volunteer Data File Author

Old January 1st, 2019, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
Everything being released so far is for the Content Market. It's all steps in that direction. It may not look like it... but it is.
Isn't the thing where I can download the Kickstarter stuff the content market? Seems content markety to me.

Authoring Kit Rule Sets (now with functioning links!):

Qin: The Warring States

Doctor Who: Adventures in Time and Space

MEGS/BoH/DC Heroes (work in progress)
Kairos is offline   #712 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 1st, 2019, 07:57 PM
There are a few items available to everyone at this point, and those can be accessed via the new shiny button.

There are also a few additional items for Kickstarter backers available, which will become available to all once we finally get the Content Market launched.

Hope this helps!
rob is offline   #713 Reply With Quote
Happydevil43

Old January 1st, 2019, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
There are a few items available to everyone at this point, and those can be accessed via the new shiny button.

There are also a few additional items for Kickstarter backers available, which will become available to all once we finally get the Content Market launched.

Hope this helps!
Huzzah!
Happydevil43 is offline   #714 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old January 2nd, 2019, 07:12 PM
Oh, the pain. Is the kid still alive? I don't think there's a jury in the world that would convict you.

And metal screws...what a screw job that was. LOL Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I don't know about you guys, but I ended up with a sweeter laptop (not because it was Coke). After I picked it out, only two choices for a 17" screen, I was told it was a touchscreen. Sweeet! Does anyone use a touchscreen when running a game with RW?

Btw, the reason you don't want Dell or Asus is that they are notorious for proprietary parts and they are super paranoid about being reverse engineering. That means they are reluctant to send replacement parts and replacement parts aren't available from third party companies. If your computer is under warranty you wait four weeks before the computer is declared unfixable and it's replaced.
ruhar is offline   #715 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old January 2nd, 2019, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhar View Post
Does anyone use a touchscreen when running a game with RW?
Yes. It is very helpful when revealing areas of a map that can't be fit easily in a square. Instead of using the reveal painter with a mouse, I just use my finder to smudge reveal. It makes life SOOOOO much easier during a game.

The new polygon reveal tool will be used instead of touch for constructed areas, but there are still times where touch reveal will be more convenient. Natural caves or areas with rounded edges.

Quote:
Btw, the reason you don't want Dell...
Maybe, but I really like my XPS. I avoided Dell for over 20 years after poor experiences with Dell in college, but after Lenovo bought the Thinkpad line, I was very unhappy with my most recent Thinkpad and was looking for a new computer. A sales engineer recommended the XPS, after reading up on it, I gave it a shot and have been happy overall.

My only complaint, is the keyboard. I really miss the old IBM Thinkpad keyboards. Also, I don't like not having an easily removable battery. I've never had a laptop batter last me two years and my XPS's battery is no exception. Replacing the XPS battery requires opening up the laptop. Which not only is annoying when your battery is no longer any good, but you can't pack an extra battery and swap it out.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #716 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old January 2nd, 2019, 10:47 PM
I have an XPS through my job. It's an excellent laptop. Since essentially all laptops cannot be upgraded or have parts replaced beyond memory or the drive(s) Dell is not any better or worse in that regard.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #717 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old January 3rd, 2019, 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
Maybe, but I really like my XPS. I avoided Dell for over 20 years after poor experiences with Dell in college, but after Lenovo bought the Thinkpad line, I was very unhappy with my most recent Thinkpad and was looking for a new computer. A sales engineer recommended the XPS, after reading up on it, I gave it a shot and have been happy overall.

My only complaint, is the keyboard. I really miss the old IBM Thinkpad keyboards. Also, I don't like not having an easily removable battery. I've never had a laptop batter last me two years and my XPS's battery is no exception. Replacing the XPS battery requires opening up the laptop. Which not only is annoying when your battery is no longer any good, but you can't pack an extra battery and swap it out.
We have just under 12k endpoints (if you can trust ePO ), and with out a doubt the worst laptops we own right now are Lenovo, and have been for several generations. Unfortunately Dell has been over the years the most reliable in both device and support. As much as I personally love the Surface, we have many slippy fingered executives, and man o man our replacement budget is scary, and it has a serious flaw in the dock with running two monitors, MS used a seriously flawed Intel chip for the dock.

Funny we do not has many battery issues any more, but they are user replaceable. I have had the same luck as you in the past personally, my own Surface Pro 3 is the first exception to that less than 2 year and battery fail rule.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #718 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old January 23rd, 2019, 07:50 AM
Anything new this week?
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #719 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old January 29th, 2019, 05:38 AM
So... 2 weeks running with no official update.

Is the server migration complete? What's shakin'?
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #720 Reply With Quote