Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Maidhc O Casain

Old March 17th, 2014, 03:00 AM
Both of these sound like excellent additions to me! (Not sure how hard they'd be to implement, though).
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #491
telenikros

Old March 21st, 2014, 03:16 AM
in Herolabs, why cant I make a magical Bow, and then a magical Arrow set and then allocate the Arrow to the Bow, as in the application, the Arrows are counted as weapons which need to go in either hand, and the Bow is a 2-handed weapon! but I can make Arrows of flaming burst which then th 2D6 should be added to what ever damage the Bow does and i cant see that on the character sheet nor the HL interface as i cant state to the application use these arrows with this Bow, is there a way to do this, and if not could you make it possible
telenikros is offline   #492
Eklypse0

Old March 21st, 2014, 02:23 PM
I would just like to ask for an enhancement that should be an easy patch.

When I'm printing a party of characters, each time I do this, a job may take me several print jobs. I would like to make a suggestion to allow the Portfolio to select Checkboxes rather then Radiobuttons. In this way, it only takes one print job instead of three or four to print out a full character, with all relevant stats.

Thank you,
Shain
Eklypse0 is offline   #493
radionausea

Old April 5th, 2014, 03:53 AM
I'd like the ability to sort hexes in the kingdom builder. At the moment it sorts by terrain type. This isn't very intuitive for me.

I'd like to either be able to drag them into the order I want, for them to stay in the order I put them or for them to be sortable by the name of the hex (as I prefix the hex co-ordinates anyway).

edit - Ok, so it appears it DOES sort alphabetically, sometimes, when it feels like it, after you add new hexes.

Last edited by radionausea; April 5th, 2014 at 04:00 AM.
radionausea is offline   #494
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 7th, 2014, 05:33 PM
Editor Suggestion: Since traits do require the bootstrapping of spell-like abilities at times, it would be nice if we had an <it_bootcustom> in the traits section of the editor to bootstrap these instead of having to do it manually.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #495
si1vergecko

Old April 10th, 2014, 03:44 PM
I would like the capability to when I use the save to pdf plug when using Pathfinder at the very least (and have this apply to applicable game systems) to have the option of saving multiple documents into one file including my character sheet, ability and gear description sheet and spell description sheet
si1vergecko is offline   #496
ShadowChemosh

Old April 10th, 2014, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by si1vergecko View Post
I would like the capability to when I use the save to pdf plug when using Pathfinder at the very least (and have this apply to applicable game systems) to have the option of saving multiple documents into one file including my character sheet, ability and gear description sheet and spell description sheet
If you use a free tool like "PrimoPDF" than this can be accomplished very easily. You can print from ANY program in windows and have it produce a PDF. Here is a secret that if you tell PrimoPDF to print to a pdf file that already exists it asks if you wish to Overwrite or Append. So after the first character sheet is made just Append ability sheet and Apend Gear Description.

So you can just Append each of those different pages into a single document.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #497
whump

Old April 13th, 2014, 12:14 PM
When I add custom gear I can change its name but I can't add any descriptive text.

Clicking on the '?' button shows a text box with 'This item can be customised to represent whatever you want' - I would like to be able to edit that text in order to note for example when the character found the item, how the item is used, any plot links, or just a little more descriptive text so I can remember why I'm carrying this item.

Is this possible without resorting to the editor or have I missed something?

Many thanks for your help!
whump is offline   #498
Roadie

Old April 14th, 2014, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whump View Post
When I add custom gear I can change its name but I can't add any descriptive text.

Clicking on the '?' button shows a text box with 'This item can be customised to represent whatever you want' - I would like to be able to edit that text in order to note for example when the character found the item, how the item is used, any plot links, or just a little more descriptive text so I can remember why I'm carrying this item.

Is this possible without resorting to the editor or have I missed something?

Many thanks for your help!
To go with this, it would be useful for magic items in general to be able to (a) override the item name (with the original displayed in grey/subscript text when editing but not when printing/exporting), and (b) override the item slot. This would make "counts as" items easy for us who use variant item slots (for example, having a vest of resistance as an alternate version of cloak of resistance that takes the torso instead of shoulders slot).
Roadie is offline   #499
ShadowChemosh

Old April 14th, 2014, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadie View Post
To go with this, it would be useful for magic items in general to be able to (a) override the item name (with the original displayed in grey/subscript text when editing but not when printing/exporting), and (b) override the item slot. This would make "counts as" items easy for us who use variant item slots (for example, having a vest of resistance as an alternate version of cloak of resistance that takes the torso instead of shoulders slot).
My adjustment addon can do the first part of adding to the name of magic item or completely overriding the name. Changing the "item slot" would make for a good new adjustment to add.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #500
Closed Thread