Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

SAbel

Old September 24th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Well it woudl seem that WOTC is taking as much time as they like for this one! I just checked DDI CB and no update and I can not find any info as to why they did not due the "late" update. Its b/c they know how bad we want to make Dark Sun Characters!
SAbel is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 7th, 2010, 05:35 PM
I was hoping we'd see an update on Tuesday, but no dice so far - looks like they haven't done an update since the start of August. Has anyone seen them post when they plan to do the next one?
Colen is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
StanC

Old October 7th, 2010, 06:26 PM
The next update should be next Tuesday

October 2010 Tools News

The 12 OCT update is for the Character Builder and Compendium. Monster Builder will be updated at a later date.

Data Update:
Data from the following published materials are new this month to the Character Builder:
Books
Psionic Power
Magazines
Dragon # 389
Dragon #390
Dungeon #180
Dungeon #181

Data from the following published materials are new this month to the Compendium:
Books
Psionic Power
Dark Sun Campaign Setting
D&D Essentials: Heroes of the Fallen Lands
Magazines
Dragon #389
Dragon #390
Dungeon #180
StanC is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old October 10th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Nuts No Dark Sun in the Character builder that just is unfair well it looks like I may start losing sleep to try and get these races in.
SAbel is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 12th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Yup, looks like it's up there. Time to see what's changed!

StanC, where did you find that news? I was watching WotC's site for it, but I never saw a mention of it, so I didn't see it until I happened to refresh the Compendium today.
Colen is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
CorvidMP

Old November 4th, 2010, 08:28 PM
So as another refugee from the DDI web tool debacle I have a few questions about the what dark sun content has been imported at this point (as it's my primary game at this point and has the most new players that need help with their characters).

I assume the new builds and feats were implemented easily enough but I would like to be sure.

Also are the themes properly implemented yet?
CorvidMP is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Jinx

Old November 7th, 2010, 01:32 PM
as of right now themes are not implemented via the compendium download, but you can add them your self in about 5 min.

once there added to the compendium I suspect they will also be added to Hero Lab.
Jinx is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 10th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Exactly - once the data is present, I can add the appropriate code for the downloader to parse it, like I just did recently for the backgrounds. The problem with the themes is that the data isn't there in the first place for me to add.

I'll take a look at the Theme rules and see if I can add them to the 4e files, which will at least let you create them in the editor as Jinx suggests.
Colen is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old November 17th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Colen,
I am just checking to see if you think that the Theme rules will be an easy fit? Also is there going to be a Dark Sun check box added for character choice or not?
SAbel is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Malacandra

Old November 20th, 2010, 06:36 AM
Anyone have any suggestions for tweaking Dark Sun characters? Is there a way to add the additional powers that a Theme or the Psionic "cantrips" add in the campaign book? That seems to be the only thing missing from my Dark Sun builds.
Malacandra is offline   #20 Reply With Quote