Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

Acyd69

Old February 13th, 2019, 05:24 PM
I purchased HLO and all of the Starfinder accessories yesterday, intent on having them available on my iPad for use at GenCon. I figured no problem, its browser based...

Had trouble when I tried to login. I reviewed the system requirements and noted the following stated there:

iPad 4th generation with iOS 10 or higher

Yup, I am using a 4th gen ipad and the ios is verified to be 10.3.3 (no upgrade available). I realize this is actual lower limit of the system requirements.

Here is what I am encountering:

Logging in with Apple's proprietary browser Safari: Unable to login, connection terminated before entering login information, statement displayed states, "Please update to latest version of Safari." the word safari is a link to apple.com, but is utterly useless for ipad users.

Logging in with Google Chrome (version 71.0.3578.89, newest version that will download to iOS 10.3.3): able to complete login and taken to the character selection screen; character selection window is cut off just below create character, new folder, create from library... buttons. It will not scroll to folders or characters. Buttons function, but this still does not permit access to characters. Menu options in the top bar are accessible and seem to function correctly.

Logging in with Firefox: No idea, was unable to download a version of Firefox from the Apple Store. iOS 10.3.3 is not supported by the newest version of Firefox and an older version is not available for download.

Logging in with Microsoft Edge: Same results as logging in with Safari, exactly the same, including direction to "Please update to latest version of Safari."

I hope there is something that can be done to help me access the application from my iPad, though I understand if it is just too obsolete. If nothing else, perhaps some consideration can be given to reviewing and adjusting the minimum system requirements to more accurately reflect the most recent changes in browser development.
Acyd69 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Acyd69

Old February 13th, 2019, 05:36 PM
Update:

Figured out how to download an older version of Firefox (version 14.0 build 12646), this resulted in the same outcome as the older version of Google Chrome.
Acyd69 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old February 14th, 2019, 01:05 AM
Send an email to support, or try the bug reporting.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
evdjj3j

Old February 18th, 2019, 11:17 AM
You may want to try Opera and Firefox Focus browsers. I'm wondering if that iPad has enough RAM the specs say it has 1GB. Firefox Focus is a different browser than Firefox.

HLO and HLC
32 GB iPad 5th Generation
evdjj3j is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Rone

Old February 20th, 2019, 09:43 AM
Acyd69, the devs are investigating this and considering a variety of potential paths to a solution (including what you suggest). But I'm afraid that for now, iOS 10 support is basically unavailable until we solve the issue.
Rone is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Acyd69

Old February 28th, 2019, 04:44 PM
@Rone

Thank you. They contacted me and I understand fully. I may just have to break down and use a laptop or get something new.
Acyd69 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 4th, 2019, 01:15 PM
FYI we believe we have a fix for this coming for iPad 4th generation this week. You must be running Safari on iOS 10.3 or better, which happens to be the last upgrade you can make on a 4th gen iPad.
Joe is offline   #7 Reply With Quote