Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

magpi

Old May 18th, 2020, 06:22 AM
Are there plans in place to allow us to move specific natural weapons other than the fist to and from the locker? Or is this something that's working out to be more complex?
magpi is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Jamz

Old May 18th, 2020, 01:17 PM
Thanks, just tossing out ideas. Right now it's not "visible" from the Play screen and takes 4 clicks to get a weapon back, 6 If I have to toss a weapon into the locker first, so 12 mouse clicks to temporarily switch a weapon for a round.

Maybe the Weapons Locker could be shown on the play tab as well with the other weapons and can be hidden/shown? So just another category, Melee, Ranged, Weapons Locker.

And with that, the menu option to "move to character" can just be exposed directly as a button vs buried in a menu item?

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Koro76

Old May 21st, 2020, 10:25 PM
I'm not opposed to using a weapons locker if it's easy to use, but as Jamz said, it's currently not. I hope you guys can find some kind of solution for activating/deactivating weapons on the play menu. "Equipped weapons" would be a cool way to delineate this. Not using a weapon? You don't need to have the math calculated.
Koro76 is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
magpi

Old May 22nd, 2020, 01:05 PM
@Koro I love that idea personally. A more cumbersome solution would end up being more work for some of the less techy folks around my table (and thus, me)
magpi is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 22nd, 2020, 11:47 PM
If it were that easy, we'd have already done it that way.

We've been discussing some possible approaches. However, we've also been in crunch mode getting everything into place for the new Bestiary 2 book for PF2 (which we weren't given adequate lead time on). So we haven't yet been able to try out those ideas and see if they will be viable.
rob is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
magpi

Old May 23rd, 2020, 08:54 AM
@Rob, makes sense! Any notion of being able to move specific natural weapons in and out of the storage locker? I hope it's not some hardcoded way when they have the natural weapon tag or something similar that they all function as a group.
magpi is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Azgulor

Old June 8th, 2020, 11:07 AM
So, after reading this thread, I understand the server performance hit that "too many" weapons was causing. I'm completely fine with stacking multiples of the same weapon. However, I thoroughly hate this 6 weapon limit.

A no-frills warrior with a sword (slashing & piercing), mace (bludgeoning), shield (thus shield bash), fist for brawls, and a crossbow for ranged and backup dagger is at the limit. If he picks up a lance or a variant weapon like a silver dagger, I have to start bumping items to the Locker.

If everyone is playing and has a HLO account up & running, it's manageable but the only scenario where that works in my world is when it's just me and my kids. I run for a group of friends and I'm trying to limit electronic devices at the table and I can already see sessions grinding to a halt as players wonder why they can't find a weapon stat block on their character sheet.

I'm definitely in the pro-HLO camp, but this sucks.
Azgulor is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
dacoobob

Old June 9th, 2020, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattagc View Post
Cool, thanks for the info. I wanted to make sure it wasn't some rule I was missing since I use HLO a lot to verify I'm not messing up rules. :-)
I wouldn't recommend using HLO for this until it matures some more. right now there are still enough bugs that it's not trustworthy for rules-verification yet. double check everything with the real rulebooks (and published errata).
dacoobob is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Dax Thura

Old June 13th, 2020, 02:19 AM
How about just raising the weapon limit to 8 with consumable weapons still counting for half a slot?
Dax Thura is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
magpi

Old June 13th, 2020, 12:47 PM
I'd love to see natural weapons count as half as these often tend to be "bundled" ie bestial mutagen, claws + tail + jaws for lizardfolk.
magpi is offline   #30 Reply With Quote