Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Monteparnas

Old August 16th, 2017, 01:41 PM
I don't actually have much experience with actual coding, and the HL Editor seems a lot confusing to me. I'm learning the ropes by try and error, but some tricks are still beyond me, but not beyond my current necessities.

For now I need:

1- to make a new type of magical ammo to be able for selection, since it grants a bonus to initiative once prepared for use.

2- I created a material that doubles the weight of the item, but it should be able to work by diminishing Size, instead, for ammo, I don't know how to code the different behavior.

3- A unique weapon with the Keen ability, but I couldn't find a way to code the effect directly in the weapon. For now I just made it naturally have greater Threat range, but it will be a problem in the HL if someone with Improved Critical tries to use it.

4- How can I make a version of Bracers of Armor, Greater, that affects crossbows instead of Bows? The HL version refers to another Thing, instead of programing the item in the Eval Script.

5- I know it isn't common, but I need to code an Inherent bonus inside an item. Since this type of bonus isn't normally handled this way, it seems that HL don't have the type coded already, and I don't know how to do it.

Also, I would like to know where and how people here uses to post their own content for D&D, instead of just HL archives.

Last edited by Monteparnas; August 18th, 2017 at 06:58 AM.
Monteparnas is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old August 29th, 2017, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteparnas View Post
I don't actually have much experience with actual coding, and the HL Editor seems a lot confusing to me. I'm learning the ropes by try and error, but some tricks are still beyond me, but not beyond my current necessities.

For now I need:

1- to make a new type of magical ammo to be able for selection, since it grants a bonus to initiative once prepared for use.
You can make new items in the editor. Check out other items that provide bonuses when selected. Also, take a look at feats or other things that improve Initiative.

Quote:
2- I created a material that doubles the weight of the item, but it should be able to work by diminishing Size, instead, for ammo, I don't know how to code the different behavior.
I don't really know what you mean here, but take a look at other materials in the editor and you can see how they manipulate the objects they are attached to.

Quote:
3- A unique weapon with the Keen ability, but I couldn't find a way to code the effect directly in the weapon. For now I just made it naturally have greater Threat range, but it will be a problem in the HL if someone with Improved Critical tries to use it.
assign the tag Helper.Keen to the item.

Quote:
4- How can I make a version of Bracers of Armor, Greater, that affects crossbows instead of Bows? The HL version refers to another Thing, instead of programing the item in the Eval Script.
Use a foreach loop to look for crossbows on the character and add the competence bonus. Something like:

foreach pick in hero from BaseWep where "IsWeapon.Crs?"
eachpick.field[BonComp].value += 1
eachpick.field[DamBonus].value += 1
nexteach

Quote:
5- I know it isn't common, but I need to code an Inherent bonus inside an item. Since this type of bonus isn't normally handled this way, it seems that HL don't have the type coded already, and I don't know how to do it.
field[Bonus].value += 1
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
davystyles

Old August 30th, 2017, 08:33 PM
I also know nothing about coding of any kind, i am trying to create a weapon in DND 5e that can be either a warhammer or a maul, I have figured everything else out just not how to get it to allow you to choose between them. Thank you for any help you can offer.
davystyles is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old September 5th, 2017, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davystyles View Post
I also know nothing about coding of any kind, i am trying to create a weapon in DND 5e that can be either a warhammer or a maul, I have figured everything else out just not how to get it to allow you to choose between them. Thank you for any help you can offer.
You should ask in the 5e forum instead of the d20 forum, sir.
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote