Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Dark_Soul

Old October 5th, 2017, 08:36 PM
The Cloistered Cleric variant class is dependent on having the knowledge domain, so you lose the benefits if you lose the domain. This shouldn't happen. Cloistered Cleric should simply grant you another domain, but the only domain you can choose should be Knowledge.
Dark_Soul is offline   #671 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 6th, 2017, 03:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Soul View Post
The Cloistered Cleric variant class is dependent on having the knowledge domain, so you lose the benefits if you lose the domain. This shouldn't happen. Cloistered Cleric should simply grant you another domain, but the only domain you can choose should be Knowledge.
The Cloistered Cleric variant class is part of core, so if this is a bug, it's a core bug.

That said, I'm not really sure I'm following you here. The variant is currently set up so that if the player doesn't select Knowledge, there's an error. This seems like the best way to handle it as things currently stand.

Also, I don't know what you mean about losing the benefits. If you don't have the Knowledge domain selected, you don't get it's benefits. This seems appropriate to me.
Sendric is offline   #672 Reply With Quote
Zorikune

Old October 6th, 2017, 06:11 AM
The Shadowcaster is not getting any of the magic levels provided by other prestige classes so cannot gain anymore mysteries nor is it getting any of the arcane class levels for the shadow familiar feat so cannot take familiars like the psuedodragon or the eladrin coure even with the required feats taken.

Example: I have 5 levels in Shadowcaster, 3 levels in Avenger, 2 levels in Noctumancer, and 10 levels in Arcane Trickster. I set the magic levels of Noctumancer to apply for both Avenger and Shadowcaster, and Arcane Trickster I set the 10 magic levels for Shadowcaster, however I'm still stuck with the 5 levels worth of mysteries given just for Shadowcaster, it does increases the amount of spells I get on Avenger though. Same with the Shadow Familiar feat, while I do get the familiar, its only applying the 5 levels of Shadowcaster only and not the 5 levels from there and the 3 levels from Avenger.
Zorikune is offline   #673 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 6th, 2017, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorikune View Post
The Shadowcaster is not getting any of the magic levels provided by other prestige classes so cannot gain anymore mysteries nor is it getting any of the arcane class levels for the shadow familiar feat so cannot take familiars like the psuedodragon or the eladrin coure even with the required feats taken.

Example: I have 5 levels in Shadowcaster, 3 levels in Avenger, 2 levels in Noctumancer, and 10 levels in Arcane Trickster. I set the magic levels of Noctumancer to apply for both Avenger and Shadowcaster, and Arcane Trickster I set the 10 magic levels for Shadowcaster, however I'm still stuck with the 5 levels worth of mysteries given just for Shadowcaster, it does increases the amount of spells I get on Avenger though. Same with the Shadow Familiar feat, while I do get the familiar, its only applying the 5 levels of Shadowcaster only and not the 5 levels from there and the 3 levels from Avenger.
Thanks. I'll look into it.
Sendric is offline   #674 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old October 6th, 2017, 05:18 PM
Hey Sendric, was there an issue with the ToB file I sent you? The prestige classes didn't show up with that update.
Illyahr is offline   #675 Reply With Quote
Dark_Soul

Old October 6th, 2017, 09:47 PM
If there's a way to flip the logic around, where taking cloistered cleric grants the Knowledge domain as a bonus (instead of giving an error if they don't have it), it would be more correct.

The reasoning behind this is because some popular character archetypes take Cloistered Cleric levels, then trade that domain away for the Knowledge Devotion feat. The character is still a cloistered cleric (with all the attendant class changes), they just don't have the Knowledge domain anymore.

Last edited by Dark_Soul; October 7th, 2017 at 10:53 AM.
Dark_Soul is offline   #676 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 7th, 2017, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyahr View Post
Hey Sendric, was there an issue with the ToB file I sent you? The prestige classes didn't show up with that update.
No. I realized recently that I forgot to integrate it. I will be doing so soon. I missed a couple of other things too. It's been a hectic few months.
Sendric is offline   #677 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old October 8th, 2017, 11:06 AM
The samurai (CW) has an alignment requirement of Lawful Good when it should be any lawful.

The samurai's Two Swords as One class ability also needs a doneif statement as the OA variant replaces the ability but the scripting remains active.

Versatile Spellcasting (Races of the Dragon) has a prerequisite of being able to spontaneously cast spells but is programmed to only recognize spontaneous arcane spells.

Last edited by Illyahr; October 8th, 2017 at 12:02 PM.
Illyahr is offline   #678 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 9th, 2017, 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Soul View Post
If there's a way to flip the logic around, where taking cloistered cleric grants the Knowledge domain as a bonus (instead of giving an error if they don't have it), it would be more correct.

The reasoning behind this is because some popular character archetypes take Cloistered Cleric levels, then trade that domain away for the Knowledge Devotion feat. The character is still a cloistered cleric (with all the attendant class changes), they just don't have the Knowledge domain anymore.
So the mechanic in this case is to be able to choose either the Knowledge Domain or the Knowledge Devotion feat. Presumably, if the character chooses the feat instead, they don't receive the additional spells, correct?
Sendric is offline   #679 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 9th, 2017, 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyahr View Post
The samurai (CW) has an alignment requirement of Lawful Good when it should be any lawful.
Fixed

Quote:
The samurai's Two Swords as One class ability also needs a doneif statement as the OA variant replaces the ability but the scripting remains active.
I'll look into this. We probably don't need both if one is replacing the other.

Quote:
Versatile Spellcasting (Races of the Dragon) has a prerequisite of being able to spontaneously cast spells but is programmed to only recognize spontaneous arcane spells.
Interestingly, there is no Hero.SpontDiv tag, so I'll have to make a foreach loop to handle this.
Sendric is offline   #680 Reply With Quote