Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Brand

Old January 10th, 2007, 02:23 PM
I used to use E-Tools and one of the nice things I could do with that is load it on a USB drive and use it anywhere I wanted.

Is it possible to do this? If not then the portfolios I would assume would work cross computers.

I also purchased Hero Lab today. The final question here for me is can I install it on multiple computers? IE: My Laptop and my Desktop. I really do not want to have to purchase multiple licenses.

Bill
Brand is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
subfunk

Old January 10th, 2007, 05:01 PM
It's specified in the Terms and Conditions:
http://www.lonewolfdevel.com/user/terms.asp?product=HP

Quote:
In addition to the primary license number issued with your purchase, you may obtain one FREE secondary license for use on a separate computer. Each secondary license shares the same characteristics as the primary license that is first issued, including password, and is bound by this same Agreement. Only the waiting period associated with the re-assignment of secondary licenses is managed independently of the primary license. The secondary license can be obtained via the online license administration website, which can be accessed from within the Software.
Cheers!

Subfunk
subfunk is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Brand

Old January 12th, 2007, 01:17 PM
That works because last I checked I only use it on my Laptop and Home Computer.
Brand is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 12th, 2007, 04:51 PM
The exact text from the license agreement has already been quoted, but I'll add a few additional comments here.

First, you won't be able to use Hero Lab via a portable drive. Each license is tied to a specific computer. However, since we realize lots of gamers have laptops (and the product is intended to support in-game use), we provide a free second license with each purchase. Since not everyone wants or needs the second license, we don't issue it unless you want it. However, you can obtain the additional license 24/7 via our license administration website. Just use the link under the License menu.

For users who want to run HL on more than two computers, you can also purchase additional secondary licenses for only $10 each, up to a total of four licenses. This can also be achieved via the license administration website.

Thanks, Rob

At 03:23 PM 1/10/2007, you wrote:

Quote:
I used to use E-Tools and one of the nice things I could do with that is load it on a USB drive and use it anywhere I wanted.

Is it possible to do this? If not then the portfolios I would assume would work cross computers.

I also purchased Hero Lab today. The final question here for me is can I install it on multiple computers? IE: My Laptop and my Desktop. I really do not want to have to purchase multiple licenses.

Bill
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote