Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

karpana

Old March 25th, 2019, 05:49 AM
I'm starting to work on some custom adjustments for one of my home games.

When I'm using the editor, I can usually get one change completed, compiled and tested (using CTRL-T to "Test Thing"). But if I make a subsequent change and attempt to compile it to test I get a very long error message about stuff not existing (see attached).

Each of the things it's complaining about seem to from the community pack (which I use on all my characters), even having some custom stuff of my own dependent on it.

I've even gone so far as to uninstall herolab and reinstall everything (including the community pack), to no avail.

Please help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EditorError.jpg (454.7 KB, 5 views)
karpana is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sarelth

Old March 25th, 2019, 07:28 AM
This is a known and common issue. The only way to currently get around it is when you get the errors, restart hero lab. It has to do with a memory leak of some sort and there are hundreds of posts about it.

Current Games:
5E Homebrew - DM

Recent Games:
Shadowrun 5E - GM
Pathfinder Homebrew - DM
Curse of Strahd 5E - Player

My HL Files - Birthright, Creatures, and items
Birthright Setting and D20Despot Let me know if it breaks.
Sarelth is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
karpana

Old March 25th, 2019, 02:50 PM
Dang...
That's harsh.

Especially since I get only 1 compile in before it burps.
And given that I tend to make very small changes at a time (chalk that up to my unfamiliarity with the HeroLab editor), it means today's 20 line change, took close to 25 "restarts" of Herolab.

THanks for the quick response Sarelth.
karpana is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 25th, 2019, 04:21 PM
So far, this appears to be connected to the amount of data HL needs to deal with at recompile time (it's only been seen in Pathfinder so far, and Pathfinder is much larger than any of our other game systems), so a potential workaround is to use Tools...Duplicate Game System to create a new copy of the Pathfinder system. Then, do your development in that version, not the main version of Pathfinder. Also, don't move things like the community files or any other add-ons into that folder, unless they're essential for the development of your custom adjustments. That way, hopefully your development copy has a smaller amount of data to recompile when you're testing something, and encounters this issue less often, and then when you're done, you can move the .dat file you created into your main version of Pathfinder for the actual use.
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote