Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Farling

Old June 17th, 2018, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinRigh View Post
Hey mate, I checked the rwexport file and it appears that the tool quit compiling the file at line 1720, IDK why it would do that, but the tool CTD when I try to use it. I press Generate and the dialog box that shows percent complete pops up, shows 0%, and crashes the tool, apparently after making the first 1720 lines of the rwexport. I didn't realize it was crashing, I thought it just shut down after use
If you look at the end of the generated RWEXPORT file, can you identify which line of your CSV crashed the tool?

If so, could you try just that one line and it works, could you PM the file to me so that I can see the exact problem please.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #271 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old June 17th, 2018, 03:45 PM
Here mate, I am lost here, but this is what I am working with.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Battletech.zip (44.0 KB, 5 views)
ErinRigh is offline   #272 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old June 18th, 2018, 12:01 AM
Quote:
Here mate, I am lost here, but this is what I am working with.
Thanks for the file.

I have identified the problem, it is because the "Unit Tonnage" field is configured as a "Numeric" field in your Category definition of "MyIndividual".

I will need to do some testing to find the correct input format for this field.

Meanwhile if you change that field in your structure to be a labelled text snippet the conversion should work properly.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Farling is offline   #273 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old June 18th, 2018, 07:00 AM
Ok cool thanks
ErinRigh is offline   #274 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old June 18th, 2018, 01:29 PM
Erin, there are a few odd characters in your CSV file.

The "Trch" seems contain some additional character (binary value 129) which don't map onto a UTF-8 character properly. This might cause your input data not to be imported correctly.

"Ded Trch" or "Akhlakh Trch" - perhaps you are expecting accented characters where "?" appear in "T?r??ch".

Farling

Farling is offline   #275 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old June 18th, 2018, 01:41 PM
Version 1.27 has just been released

This version supports numeric snippets, so that ErinRigh can import his CSV data properly.

Farling

Farling is offline   #276 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old June 18th, 2018, 10:49 PM
Wow, awesome, mate
ErinRigh is offline   #277 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old June 23rd, 2018, 05:47 AM
Version 1.28 is now available

This version adds the ability to set the veracity of each snippet (True, Partially True, Untrue).

This is available from the new "Options" button for each snippet, which also includes the old snippet-style selector.

Farling

Farling is offline   #278 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old June 26th, 2018, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
Erin, there are a few odd characters in your CSV file.

The "Trch" seems contain some additional character (binary value 129) which don't map onto a UTF-8 character properly. This might cause your input data not to be imported correctly.

"Ded Trch" or "Akhlakh Trch" - perhaps you are expecting accented characters where "?" appear in "T?r??ch".
Thanks for pointing that out, mate. I didn't even notice and yes there are supposed to be accented characters there, specifically "ü" which is "ү" in cyrillic the word is Türüüch (түрүүч). It means Sergeant in Mongolian.
ErinRigh is offline   #279 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old June 26th, 2018, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Thanks for pointing that out, mate. I didn't even notice and yes there are supposed to be accented characters there, specifically "ü" which is "ү" in cyrillic the word is Türüüch (түрүүч). It means Sergeant in Mongolian.
Hi, I will update the notes on the front page to clarify that the CSV file should be encoded in UTF-8 format if non-ASCII text is required :-)

Farling

Farling is offline   #280 Reply With Quote