Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

kungfuchris99

Old August 27th, 2013, 07:05 PM
I'm trying to make a superhero character in Hero Lab for a Savage Worlds campaign (of course), and in the Configure Hero window I have selected, under Super Powers Companion Settings: Cosmic Heroes, Inherent Power, Natural Growth, Super Karma, and Heavy Hitters.

In the character building tabs I don't have the Arcane Background: Super Powers edge for free, which I should because I selected Inherent Power, right?

Also, in the Arcane tab (after I select Arcane Background: Super Powers and am charged an Edge pick for it) Super Attribute, Super Skill, and Super Edge are not in the list.

What am I doing wrong?

--Chris
kungfuchris99 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old August 28th, 2013, 05:23 PM
This may sound dumb, but do you have the "Super Power Companions" setting itself checked?

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
kungfuchris99

Old August 28th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the reply! Yeah, after I posted that message but before it was cleared I realized that there were separate companion checkboxes at the top of the list. :-/ So that was totally it. Doy.

But I did find another oddity that I *haven't* figured out yet. I'm advancing a character, and it's not letting me select the Power Points option because it says I don't have the Arcane Background: Super Powers edge -- except that I totally do because (now that I've set the character options correctly) I'm using Inherent Power and Arcane Background: Super Powers is sitting there in my list of edges. BUT in the list of edges in the Gain a New Edge list there's a listing for Arcane Background: Super Powers that is greyed out and then *another* Arcane Background: Super Powers item that is not -- and the two have different description text. What the what??

What in the world is going on there?

--Chris
kungfuchris99 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old August 29th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Power Points option? You mean the "Super Power Points" Edge?

The additional AB: Super Powers you are seeing on the Edges list at advancement is coming in from the base Savage Worlds Deluxe, and it is a different Edge from the AB: Super Powers Edge from the SPC, hence different text. All of those SWD ABs probably shouldn't be showing (let alone showing as available since having multiple ABs is supposed to not really be allowable... generally speaking, anyway, although if a given GM wanted to allow it...), that's something Lone Wolf would have to fix. Since they don't show those ABs available at creation they shouldn't show up as available later, I wouldn't think.

However, with that being said, when I have just the boxes checked for the SPC and the ones you mentioned in your first post I do see Super Power Points as an available Edge and not grayed out. Do you have some other boxes checked by chance?

Oh wait, I just realized you were looking at "Power Points" which, correctly, is NOT available with AB: Super Powers. You need "Super Power Points" instead.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
kungfuchris99

Old August 29th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Thanks again for the help, Lenny.

So I didn't have any other boxes checked, but I was looking at the default "Everything" list of edge choices and not "Valid Items", so the stuff I was confused about was the versions of edges for other SW games as you guessed. I didn't see "Super Power Points" further down the list -- either I'm too used to Hero where a power point is a power point is a power point, or I'm a little slow on the Savage Worlds uptake (or both :-).

Thanks again for the assistance!

--Chris
kungfuchris99 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old August 29th, 2013, 11:56 AM
No problem. Glad I could be of help!

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
dsprague

Old December 7th, 2013, 08:51 AM
I'm playing in a campaign that is using Super Karma and Inherent Power. The GM gave us 10 super power points to begin. When I make those selections in the configuration, I end up with 15 points.

Is there a way to adjust the power points so that I can match the GMs rules?
dsprague is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 7th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Super Karma is where the other 5 points are coming from.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder, SWADE Fantasy Companion
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Sci-Fi Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is online now   #8 Reply With Quote