Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

BraveDave88

Old November 3rd, 2009, 07:33 AM
I'm guessing by what's being said that this is just Mecha and Manga without Warriors and Warlocks? I know that W&W doesn't add that much at all in terms of game mechanics so that's not too big of a deal, but I was a tad curious.

I have to agree, Ultimate Power and Masterminds Manual both change a great deal about the game as a whole and have a massive amount of just, stuff, in them. Mecha and Manga has additional powers and extras/feats with only a few big changes with the Mecha rules. I'd have to go with a free update as well.
BraveDave88 is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Shadowchaser

Old November 3rd, 2009, 09:44 AM
Just to chime in with my two cents's worth... I would love a free update as much as the next guy, but with the Mecha rules themselves probably requiring a great deal more than simply adding in some feats to the rules lists, I don't think this is as simple as adding in the content from Warriors and Warlocks.

The Mecha rules look as if they require their own data entry interface (similar to the Vehicles rules, but more elaborate), and probably took a good deal more time to assimilate into the program. Personally, the Mecha rules are something I've been asking for from Mutants and Masterminds for a long time, So I wouldn't be overly annoyed to pay another 5 bucks or so for the license. If they bundled in all the extra stuff from the other soft-cover supplements, I could see that number being reasonably higher as well.

Again, I'd love it to be free... but these guys gotta make a living, right?

Oh, and Colen? If y'all ever decide to add some kind of Tactical Unit management based on the mass combat rules from the various M&M supplements, that'd be a neat update, too.

Last edited by Shadowchaser; November 5th, 2009 at 09:36 AM.
Shadowchaser is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Spence

Old November 4th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowchaser View Post
Just to chime in with my two cents's worth... I would love a free update as much as the next guy, but with the Mecha rules themselves probably requiring a great deal more than simply adding in some feats to the rules lists, I don't think this is as simple as adding in the content from Warriors and Warlocks.

The Mecha rules look as if they require their own data entry interface (similar to the Vehicles rules, but more elaborate), and probably took a good deal more time to assimilated into the program. Personally, the Mecha rules are something I've been asking for from Mutants and Masterminds for a long time, So I wouldn't be overly annoyed to pay another 5 bucks or so for the license. If they bundled in all the extra stuff from the other soft-cover supplements, I could see that number being reasonably higher as well.

Again, I'd love it to be free... but these guys gotta make a living, right?
Beat me to it....

What he said.
Spence is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
dartnet
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 5th, 2009, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spence View Post
Beat me to it....

What he said.
Good point.
dartnet is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
BraveDave88

Old November 6th, 2009, 07:59 AM
So do we have any updated ETA's on when this will be released?
BraveDave88 is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
MPHopcroft

Send a message via AIM to MPHopcroft Send a message via MSN to MPHopcroft Send a message via Yahoo to MPHopcroft

Old November 9th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Hey guys,

It's been a while since the last real M&M update, so I thought I'd show you what we're working on right now:

A no-prize goes to the first person to guess what it is! Other than that, we'll have the usual list of bug fixes and so on. At this point I'm hoping to release v3.0 of the M&M files next week.
It looks like the Valkyrie fighter form Macross.
MPHopcroft is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 10th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveDave88 View Post
So do we have any updated ETA's on when this will be released?
I'm getting some last changes made for this. The last two weeks have been pretty hectic for me, last week was our semi-annual "talk about strategy for 6+ hours at a time week" and this week I am moving apartments.
Colen is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Spence

Old November 11th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Quote:
and this week I am moving apartments.
I've always hated that. But on the bright side, moving always helps with getting rid of clutter

Last edited by Spence; November 11th, 2009 at 11:10 AM.
Spence is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Sketchpad

Old November 11th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Quote:
I'm getting some last changes made for this. The last two weeks have been pretty hectic for me, last week was our semi-annual "talk about strategy for 6+ hours at a time week" and this week I am moving apartments.
Wish I lived closer ... I'd be happy to help

DT Butchino | Writer, Illustrator, Designer
DeviantArt|Facebook|Twitter
Sketchpad is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Shadowchaser

Old November 13th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Yay! Just updated my software, there's the mecha page! =D

Hey, just a note... I use the 'Stability' save optional rule from theMastermind's Manual. Shouldn't Stability and the other optional save (the int-based one) be 'Immune'd out for vehicles and Mecha by default, since they don't have those stats? Just a thought...

I do notice the mecha also don't get a negative modifier when the CHA is below 10, but they start to get a positive one when it's 12 or higher. Any way this could be altered to work the same as the CON bonus? Just a thought... for those Mecha that might be spirit-powered or something.

Awesome that we didn't have to pay for this update, thanks guys! Can't endorse your product highly enough!

Last edited by Shadowchaser; November 13th, 2009 at 03:11 PM.
Shadowchaser is offline   #20 Reply With Quote