Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Sendric

Old January 29th, 2019, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadBlock View Post
Hello! I've ran into a problem while creating a basic ranger. The Favored Enemy and Wild Empathy special abilities keep repeating values in the Special Tab. There is also similar behavior in Gear when I place items into containers (Backpack, Pouch, Dropped to Ground).

These repeated values also appear in the final character sheet in Print Preview.

Is there any kind of workaround or does this sound like a bug?

Thanks!
This is clearly a bug that may be tied to the recent HL updates. I'll post the issue to their bug database.
Sendric is offline   #811 Reply With Quote
Rone

Old January 29th, 2019, 04:53 AM
Workaround for this duplication bug described by Ryan F in another post:

"Hello everyone,

Thank you all very much for letting us know. We've gotten a number of reports of this and other similar behavior when a number of Activated Abilities are enables/disabled. Our dev team is working on a fix as we speak but for now I do have a workaround to prevent this from occurring and to clear the existing display errors.

Inside Hero Lab with any RPG System open use the Develop Menu Tab and select the option to "Disable Fast Evaluation for Game" and you'll see the duplicate suffix/notes/appendages removed and begin to display as intended. This fix should "stick" to the Application for all Portfolios after you've enabled it to resume more/less normal use of the Application for the time being.

As always, you guys are great, and if you find ever something is going awry then you can of course post about it here on the forums, but please also reach out to us at our support inbox <support@wolflair.com> so we can be sure to have the BUG internally tracked as well.

Thanks everyone, you all rock!"
Rone is offline   #812 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 29th, 2019, 05:49 AM
Thanks, Rone! I've also discovered that if you have Data File Debugging enabled, you can quick reload the data files (CTRL-R) to temporarily remove the duplications.
Sendric is offline   #813 Reply With Quote
Rone

Old January 29th, 2019, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Thanks, Rone! I've also discovered that if you have Data File Debugging enabled, you can quick reload the data files (CTRL-R) to temporarily remove the duplications.
Great tip! Thanks!
Rone is offline   #814 Reply With Quote
Rone

Old January 29th, 2019, 10:18 AM
Mathias wrote: "There's a quicker way than reloading to reset the duplications to what they should be (until the next time you change something) - in the Develop menu, choose "Trigger Full Evaluation Immediately". That actually has the same effect as turning on "Disable Fast Evaluation", and then immediately turning it off again - it triggers a single recalculation of everything, but without fast evaluation."
Rone is offline   #815 Reply With Quote
RoadBlock

Old February 1st, 2019, 02:34 PM
Thanks all for the tips! I was able to print the character sheet without all the extra stuff!
RoadBlock is offline   #816 Reply With Quote
Monteparnas

Old February 6th, 2019, 04:19 AM
I'll possibly find more, but I'm coming here right now so I won't forget.

The Special is showing the Bindings ability with the EBL halved for everything, not just for DC calculation.

Since DC is the more painful calc, this is not so much of an issue for me, but still.
Monteparnas is offline   #817 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 6th, 2019, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteparnas View Post
I'll possibly find more, but I'm coming here right now so I won't forget.

The Special is showing the Bindings ability with the EBL halved for everything, not just for DC calculation.

Since DC is the more painful calc, this is not so much of an issue for me, but still.
Can you be more specific what you are talking about? What class is this for? How would I reproduce it?
Sendric is offline   #818 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old February 6th, 2019, 09:25 AM
Binder, Tome of Magic ability called xBinding (i think). Code lines are out of order for what it is supposed to say. EBL (effective binder level) is basically "caster level" for the binder. The DC of binder abilities is 10 + 1/2 EBL + modifier. I set it up but must not have coded it exactly right lol
Illyahr is offline   #819 Reply With Quote
Monteparnas

Old February 6th, 2019, 12:07 PM
Sorry for the confusion, Sendric, I totally forgot I didn't said the Class. But is exactly what Illyahr says.

The only difference from a normal caster to the Binder in this regard is that the Binder won't use Vestige Level (SL) to define DC, instead it uses 1/2 EBL. Somehow the HL is halving EBL for everything instead of just DCs.
Monteparnas is offline   #820 Reply With Quote