Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Farling

Old April 3rd, 2018, 09:52 AM
I don't know the specific issue with Excel when creating multi-line entries in the CSV file. The correct format is simply to have the line break appear inside the double-quote marks that surround the value of a field.

A quick test shows the following CSV file was generated for 4 lines in the spreadsheet:

what,the vaule,another value
line 1,a single line,"a line
with a line break"
line 2,another single line,yet another singleline
line3,,no data in previous column

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal

Last edited by Farling; April 3rd, 2018 at 09:56 AM.
Farling is offline   #221 Reply With Quote
joe2chillo

Old April 3rd, 2018, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
I don't know the specific issue with Excel when creating multi-line entries in the CSV file. The correct format is simply to have the line break appear inside the double-quote marks that surround the value of a field.
Thanks Farling. I actually just got it working. Looks like this:

Spellcasting. He is a 3rd level caster."

"Cantrips: spell1, spell2

Need that extra blank line.

One last question for you though I don't think its possible. Is there any way to add bold and italics? I know CSV doesn't support it, but is there a tag I can add that the xml would pick up and then it would work?
joe2chillo is offline   #222 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 3rd, 2018, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe2chillo View Post
One last question for you though I don't think its possible. Is there any way to add bold and italics? I know CSV doesn't support it, but is there a tag I can add that the xml would pick up and then it would work?
The tool doesn't go down to that level. However, it does allow you to specify the snippet style that is applied to the entire snippet.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Farling is offline   #223 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 3rd, 2018, 10:33 AM
Quote:
The following errors were encountered during import:

Encountered validation error for the import XML: The element 'topic' in namespace 'urn:lonewolfdevel.com:realm-works-export' has invalid child element 'overlay' in namespace 'urn:lonewolfdevel.com:realm-works-export'. List of possible elements expected: 'alias, section' in namespace 'urn:lonewolfdevel.com:realm-works-export'.
Could anybody who is getting this error provide me with the structure-only file and a minimal CSV file which will reproduce this problem please?

Farling

Farling is offline   #224 Reply With Quote
joe2chillo

Old April 3rd, 2018, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Could anybody who is getting this error provide me with the structure-only file and a minimal CSV file which will reproduce this problem please?

I have both. It has to be something with the structure as I created a VERY minimal CSV file with only 1 row and 4 columns and still got errors. What is the best way to send you these?
joe2chillo is offline   #225 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 3rd, 2018, 11:08 AM
Quote:
I have both. It has to be something with the structure as I created a VERY minimal CSV file with only 1 row and 4 columns and still got errors. What is the best way to send you these?
Links to any cloud service, e.g. dropbox, in a private message would be fine.

Farling

Farling is offline   #226 Reply With Quote
joe2chillo

Old April 3rd, 2018, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Links to any cloud service, e.g. dropbox, in a private message would be fine.
I sent you a PM with a link to both files. The structure file did not have a lot of changes to it but I gave you a list of what I did change.
joe2chillo is offline   #227 Reply With Quote
joe2chillo

Old April 3rd, 2018, 11:58 AM
For some reason CR is not importing for me. Can you see if you can reproduce this?
joe2chillo is offline   #228 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 3rd, 2018, 11:33 PM
Quote:
I sent you a PM with a link to both files. The structure file did not have a lot of changes to it but I gave you a list of what I did change.
Hi Joe,
Did you generate the RW structure file directly from Realm Works?
It has some rogue "overlay" elements.
Was this from a realm that was created a few years ago, or a newish realm?

When I used your structure file to create a brand new realm, and then did a structure-only export from that the new realm, the RW structure file did NOT have the "overlay" elements in it.

Farling

Last edited by Farling; April 4th, 2018 at 08:30 AM.
Farling is offline   #229 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 3rd, 2018, 11:40 PM
Quote:
For some reason CR is not importing for me. Can you see if you can reproduce this?
The tag values for the Challenge Rating tag defined in your structure-only export file includes "CR " in front of the numeric value, so this text must also appear at the start of the CR field in your CSV file.

Farling

Farling is offline   #230 Reply With Quote