Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

AWizardInDallas

Send a message via AIM to AWizardInDallas Send a message via MSN to AWizardInDallas Send a message via Yahoo to AWizardInDallas Send a message via Skype™ to AWizardInDallas

Old October 14th, 2008, 08:09 PM
I have a lot of spells in an Access database and have exported them into the proper format for HeroLab (d20). I'm receiving the following error:

ClericSpells - 10 - Thing 'zClr1000' (dynamic tag) - invalid unique id
ClericSpells - 11 - Thing 'zClr1000' (dynamic tag) - invalid unique id

What does this mean exactly? What do the '10' and the '11' mean and what does '(dynamic tag)' mean?
AWizardInDallas is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
huntercc

Old October 15th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Without seeing your data, my best guess is that you have more than one spell in there with the same unique id. These must be different. Search thru your database and make sure each and every spell has its own unique id, and that none of those id's are currently being used anywhere in your copy of HL.
huntercc is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
AWizardInDallas

Send a message via AIM to AWizardInDallas Send a message via MSN to AWizardInDallas Send a message via Yahoo to AWizardInDallas Send a message via Skype™ to AWizardInDallas

Old October 15th, 2008, 01:08 PM
That's just it. The Ids are unique. :cry: Also, it errors on the first 30 records or so no matter what, so these errors are from the first records in the file.
AWizardInDallas is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 15th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Isn't the error report saying that both of those spells have the ID 'zClr1000' ?
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
AWizardInDallas

Old October 15th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgehl
Isn't the error report saying that both of those spells have the ID 'zClr1000' ?
No, because there is only one spell, but two errors. If it were that obvious I wouldn't be writing.
AWizardInDallas is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
AWizardInDallas

Old October 15th, 2008, 02:36 PM
I have discovered the cause and it has nothing to do with the id. Hero Lab does not like the casting times I have entered because they not on the "list". The '10' and '11' are line numbers.
AWizardInDallas is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 16th, 2008, 11:51 AM
At 09:09 PM 10/14/2008, you wrote:

Quote:
I have a lot of spells in an Access database and have exported them into the proper format for HeroLab (d20). I'm receiving the following error:

ClericSpells - 10 - Thing 'zClr1000' (dynamic tag) - invalid unique id
ClericSpells - 11 - Thing 'zClr1000' (dynamic tag) - invalid unique id

What does this mean exactly? What do the '10' and the '11' mean and what does '(dynamic tag)' mean?
We've spent the last few days working non-stop to get the V2.3 released, so please forgive the delay.

The first field is the filename, obviously.

The second is the line number where the error occurred.

The third is where the error was encountered. In the example above, the error was in the definition of the thing with id "zClr1000". In parentheses is additional informatoin about the context where the error occurred. In the example above, the error occurred in the definition of a dynamic tag.

The fourth is the actual error itself. In this case, an invalid unique id was specified. Given the context, you're defining a dynamic tag for the thing and the id assigned for the tag is invalid.

Many tags are pre-defined within the data files and you can only choose from those pre-defined tags. Dynamic tags are those where new tags can be defined on-the-fly, as needed, by users when adding their own content. The tags can be dynamically defined, hence the designation.

Hope this helps!
rob is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
AWizardInDallas

Old October 16th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob
We've spent the last few days working non-stop to get the V2.3 released, so please forgive the delay.
Not at all! I managed to discover what was happening from the line numbers after some external peeking with a text editor. I now have all the spells entered from my database and I'm quite happy. Thanks! Hero Lab is superior to all other character creation programs on Earth!
AWizardInDallas is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 16th, 2008, 04:25 PM
At 05:20 PM 10/16/2008, you wrote:
Quote:
I now have all the spells entered from my database and I'm quite happy. Thanks! Hero Lab is superior to all other character creation programs on Earth! [img]./modules/mdforum/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Please share your thoughts about the product with others, both in person and online. We greatly appreciate the kudos, yet we're a tiny company with negligible marketing resources, so we rely on users such as yourself to spread the word. :->
rob is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
AWizardInDallas

Old October 16th, 2008, 05:10 PM
I'd be happy to display a small logo on my web site for Hero Lab and some verbiage? Something like "This game master proudly uses Hero Lab!". Hero Lab is also a great example of what can be accomplished with just XML files.

AWizardInDallas
AWizardInDallas is offline   #10 Reply With Quote